If you could design the perfect boutique amp...

Make it loud here.
facon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: If you could design the perfect boutique amp...

Post by facon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 am

I'm going to throw my crazy dream amp out there even though I don't think anyone of the planet would pay for one. It would be a stereo amp build. Blackface Fender Deluxe inspired on the left, Vox AC15 inspired on the right.

- 2x12 cabinet
- Jensen ceramic on the left, alnico blue on the right
- Shared power transformer, separate OTs
- Transformer isolation between two channels
- Relay driven footswitch. Can select between ch1 hi, ch1 low, ch2 hi, ch2 lo as well as ch1 and ch2 hi, or ch1 and ch2 lo
- Onboard stereo reverb with single mix control. Switchable pot to pull out of the circuit when not in use.
- Onboard bias mod trem with single intensity and speed controls. LFO phase switch on Vox side to invert LFO and make the effect bounce from left-to-right. Switchable pot to pull out of the circuit when not in use.
- Onboard stereo separation/chorus effect. Slightly delays Vox side from .6ms to 10ms. Can sync trem LFO to disengage tremolo and use it for modulating chorus delay time. Switchable pot to pull out of the circuit when not in use.
- Would customize so that both were at similar levels. Vox slightly more distortion than Fender side while at similar level.
- Top shelf components with overspec'd transformers.
- Styling similar to a Gibson GA-79RVT
Last edited by facon on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

InLimbo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by InLimbo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:05 am

facon wrote:I'm going to throw my crazy dream amp out there even though I don't think anyone of the planet would pay for one. It would be a stereo amp build. Blackface Fender Deluxe inspired on the left, Vox AC15 inspired on the right.

- 2x12 cabinet
- Jensen ceramic on the left, alnico blue on the right
- Shared power transformer, separate OTs
- Transformer isolation between two channels
- Relay driven footswitch. Can select between ch1 hi, ch1 low, ch2 hi, ch2 lo as well as ch1 and ch2 hi, or ch1 and ch2 lo
- Onboard stereo reverb with single mix control. Switchable pot to pull out of the circuit when not in use.
- Onboard bias mod trem with single intensity and speed controls. LFO phase switch on Vox side to invert LFO and make the effect bounce from left-to-right. Switchable pot to pull out of the circuit when not in use.
- Onboard stereo separation/chorus effect. Slightly delays Vox side from .6ms to 10ms. Can sync trem LFO to disengage tremolo and use it for modulating chorus delay time. Switchable pot to pull out of the circuit when not in use.
- Would customize so that both were at similar levels. Vox slightly more distortion than Fender side while at similar level.
- Top shelf components with overspec'd transformers.
Hell, I would just buy one of each amp and use stereo effects for that. In fact, that's my plan in the long run, going even further to have delay's MIDI synced to an external clock source like a PC or external unit.

facon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by facon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:19 am

InLimbo wrote: Hell, I would just buy one of each amp and use stereo effects for that. In fact, that's my plan in the long run, going even further to have delay's MIDI synced to an external clock source like a PC or external unit.
I have something similar (Vibrolux Reverb and Matchless DC30) along with the pedals (a bunch of Moogerfoogers and stuff). I just have a dream of simplifying it into one massive amp. Preferably it would look like a robot and have lasers as well.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:28 am

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:12 am

Basically a Bandmaster Reverb with the normal channel modded to be tweedy/marshally. Plus a big ol' cab with some sweet speakers.