Down sizing and decisions to make

Make it loud here.
Jazzmastervsjaguar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Down sizing and decisions to make

Post by Jazzmastervsjaguar » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 am

This is close to what I'm thinking about. I really don't think I'll miss the twin but of all my amps the '64 BM is probably my favorite so I'm thinking of selling everything but that get a small combo either PR or possibly something else. See if whatever I get can replace the BM and go from there.

Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Down sizing and decisions to make

Post by Larsongs » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:26 am

I get what the poster said about us hanging on to our Gear! My wife thinks I'm a Hoarder! Especially when it comes to Guitars! I can't seem to part with any of them...

I have a '65 PRRI, '65 DRRI & a Twin. They're all great for what each one does.. The Cleanest is the Twin, then DRRI & finally the PRRI.. Although the PRRI breaks up at lower volume, as would be expected...

I wouldn't know how to tell you to sell anything. But I would agree if you could by a clean Vintage Black or early SF Princeton or DRRI they would be the best choices given your criteria.

Both the new 65 PRRI & the 65 DRRI are excellent choices if you want to go new... If you're looking for Clean the 65 DRRI will be a better choice if your playing with a Drummer. At some point you'll want to play with a Band either Amp would be great. If need be you can always Mic them thru the Board....

For me I like the earlier Break up of the Primceton. But, with a Band,, Mic'd it can still play pretty Clean. It is my main Amp now... Very Player friendly....

L