2 Or 3 Position Wattage Mods?

Make it loud here.
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: 2 Or 3 Position Wattage Mods?

Post by somanytoys » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:41 pm

I doubt this will help, just wanted to throw it out there:

de Lisle makes some attenuators, I just bought a couple for 5 watt amps, to use with 2 amp/speaker selectors that they also make and I just bought.

I can hook up 3 amps and 3 speaker cabs, and select combinations between all 3 of each. It has a loop to use the attenuator, but it can only be used with one of the amps at a time, but with multiple speakers with that amp, if you want.

I'm pretty convinced that they will work better than the attenuator switches that are on the amps themselves, especially since these have a dial instead of just a switch for fractions of wattage. 5 watts can still get damn loud, and I'm hoping to have more of a range of sounds with the amps at lower volumes. It will at least make it easy to switch between different amps (Vox AC4s, Bugera T5s and Frenzel Deluxe/Plexis) into different speakers & cabs, by just rotating knobs. Options.

And I think Dr. Z makes some inside-the-combo attenuators. The 5 watt ones were like $60 or $70, I think, but for any of them that handle above 5 watts, they're expensive, I think like $250-300.

Like I said, I doubt that's the way you want to go for this, but this is AN option, and I think that using these selectors and attenuators will be a very convenient.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.