Make it loud here.
Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The comprehensive PRINCETON thread

Post by Larsongs » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 pm

scottydanger wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:22 am
What's up, Princeton thread? I finally picked up another 65 PRRI after selling mine 2 years ago and moving to a Vibrolux. I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I sold it (probably that I was broke and couldn't afford to keep two amps) but I'm SO GLAD that I fixed that mistake. What a phenomenal amp. I'm going to keep it stock except maybe for some JJs in the preamp.

Fun question - does anyone make a matching extension cabinet? I'd love to get one that matches almost exactly that I could put another 10 or 12 (or if some cabinet wizard out there can cram a 15 into a PRRI-width box!). If I can get a little more volume from this thing I can chuck my Vibrolux, but I don't want to compromise the stock sound with some efficient 12" since that's the whole reason I bought it.
Has anyone had a matching looking Princeton Cab (or other) made that was actually a storage case to store your Cables, Straps, Cords & other misc. Gig stuff? I'd like to set my matching Amp on top of it to get it off the Ground. I'm Thinking of having something made that would be cooler looking & classier....

apache snow
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by apache snow » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 am

I've got a tweed Princeton reverb I got from Sweetwater. Its 15 watt with a 12 Eminence Cannabis Rex. It sounds really good. I mean really really good.

Lamar Fandango
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lamar Fandango » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:54 pm

The tube rattle can be insane on a Princeton. I tried tube dampening rings, padding the areas where the chassis contacts the cab, and various tube options. I e even emailed Brent Jessee and asked about hardcore NOS tubes that wouldn't rattle. I finally cracked and got an extension cab with similar dimensions to the original cab. Best thing I ever did for the Princeton. Now I have to decide if I want to have a head cab made for it, but resting it on top of the extension cab sort of defeats the purpose.