Make it loud here.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: Talking Heads amps

Post by Maggieo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 am

Tafarel wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:53 am
Yeah, the bass player in our band is a great musician, a great friend, as well as just a wonderful person. He is always willing to help, and since he has a Subaru Outback, drives the gear to all our gigs. Honestly, he is the MVP of our band.
People like that are invaluable. In any endeavor.

Let me know when you guys are playing a gig- I'll come see y'all!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Tafarel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tafarel » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 am
Tafarel wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:53 am
Yeah, the bass player in our band is a great musician, a great friend, as well as just a wonderful person. He is always willing to help, and since he has a Subaru Outback, drives the gear to all our gigs. Honestly, he is the MVP of our band.
People like that are invaluable. In any endeavor.

Let me know when you guys are playing a gig- I'll come see y'all!
We are playing with our friends Clarence Tilton at Reverb Friday. 23 August, FWIW. We are stylistically as unlike as them as it's possible to be, however.
"I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory, and I didn't have a good time."

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Holy shit, there's a recording studio in Wisner now!

I took a girl from Wisner to my junior year Homecoming dance. :D
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Tafarel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tafarel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:31 am

Yeah, it's a pretty well-equipped studio. I was there for the recording of the first album, though to this day I can barely pick out my parts on the cd.

Did you grow up near there? I think that was my first and only time there, and Chris and Corey are the only people I've ever met from Wisner.
"I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory, and I didn't have a good time."

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:48 am

Tafarel wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:31 am
Yeah, it's a pretty well-equipped studio. I was there for the recording of the first album, though to this day I can barely pick out my parts on the cd.

Did you grow up near there? I think that was my first and only time there, and Chris and Corey are the only people I've ever met from Wisner.
I lived on a farm about six miles east of Oakland during Jr. & Senior High. Was an Omaha kid before that.

Are you a native Nebraskan?

Tafarel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tafarel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 am

Yes, from Lincoln. I went away to Baltimore for graduate school and stayed and worked at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center after my PhD. I came back to Nebraska a few years ago because my father didn't have too many years left. It was a good decision. He got to welcome two grandchildren into his life for a couple of years before he died.

I think we went through Oakland on the way to Wisner, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know much about that part of the state. We had a cabin near Ft. Robinson and I spent most of my summers growing up there. Kind of where I learned to play guitar as there was not much else to do there other than hike and ride horses.