Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp.

Make it loud here.
apache snow
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp.

Post by apache snow » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larsongs » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:33 am

The Tone Masters sound better than earlier SS Amps but still sounds SS to me...

I still prefer the sound of my Tube PRRI, DRRI & Twin... I don't need to lug my Twin around anymore. Just keep it for Studio..

My Tube PRRI & DRRI aren't that heavy & are perfect for most applications. If they need to be louder I Mic them....

But for those who like the SS Versions... That's great.. They are an improvement...

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:07 pm

daysleeperjeff wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 am
So if I run a stereo pedalboard I could use one of these basically as a preamp & cab sim?

Also, How could I run into the audio interface in stereo with only 1 XLR out?

I was going to get a preamp Pedal & cab sim for my board but if this can do it I’d trade in my current amp for one. That alone justifies the price for me.
Interesting idea if it will work. I don’t know much about these, without reading up in the specs, but here are some thoughts:

I don’t know if you can use it in stereo, they may not have planned for that use with a single amp. Does your current amp do stereo?

You may have to manipulate the signal after the output to double it into stereo, assuming that you're using exactly identical stereo signals from your board.

Otherwise, I’d think that you’d have to buy 2 of the smaller, cheaper versions of it to run true stereo signals, if you’re using 2 different chains, a delay or tremolo with stereo ping/pong, etc. If that’s the case, it may not be as feasible financially. I use true stereo signals, so I always just use 2 amps.

Smaller amps shouldn’t matter (except for cost) if you’re mostly using the preamps & cab sims direct out, unless you’ll be using the amps for band practice without a pa to go direct into.

The good thing is that if it worked with just 1 amp, you would have a preamp & cab sim, and an actual amp that sounds exactly the same as your direct sound. That would be really nice.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

daysleeperjeff
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by daysleeperjeff » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:52 pm

somanytoys wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:07 pm
daysleeperjeff wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 am
So if I run a stereo pedalboard I could use one of these basically as a preamp & cab sim?

Also, How could I run into the audio interface in stereo with only 1 XLR out?

I was going to get a preamp Pedal & cab sim for my board but if this can do it I’d trade in my current amp for one. That alone justifies the price for me.
Interesting idea if it will work. I don’t know much about these, without reading up in the specs, but here are some thoughts:

I don’t know if you can use it in stereo, they may not have planned for that use with a single amp. Does your current amp do stereo?

You may have to manipulate the signal after the output to double it into stereo, assuming that you're using exactly identical stereo signals from your board.

Otherwise, I’d think that you’d have to buy 2 of the smaller, cheaper versions of it to run true stereo signals, if you’re using 2 different chains, a delay or tremolo with stereo ping/pong, etc. If that’s the case, it may not be as feasible financially. I use true stereo signals, so I always just use 2 amps.

Smaller amps shouldn’t matter (except for cost) if you’re mostly using the preamps & cab sims direct out, unless you’ll be using the amps for band practice without a pa to go direct into.

The good thing is that if it worked with just 1 amp, you would have a preamp & cab sim, and an actual amp that sounds exactly the same as your direct sound. That would be really nice.
I was thinking similar to the thoughts you mentioned. I think I'll keep my Tube Deluxe Reverb and just get one of those CabZeus Cab Sim Pedals that people seem to love. That has 2 Stereo XLR outs to ensure I'm getting the true stereo speed from my pedals.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Never a bad idea to hold on to your nice tube amp.

Those Zeuses seem to be well liked. I have an Iconoclast, which seems cool, but I haven't used it much lately.

What kind of preamp pedal were you thinking of getting to push that Zeus?
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:50 pm

This video blew me away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeDr7u_hwGA

It's Andy from Reverb comparing the Tone Master with a stock RI Deluxe Reverb. The Tone Master IMO sounds better. Super impressed. If I was in the market and had the cash I'd buy one right now.

DrQuasar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DrQuasar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPQz2K6N9I John Bollinger testing it out.

I thought it sounded fantastic. Thinking very seriously about trading in my current amp for this.

Beltone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Beltone » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:02 am

adamrobertt wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:50 pm
This video blew me away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeDr7u_hwGA

It's Andy from Reverb comparing the Tone Master with a stock RI Deluxe Reverb. The Tone Master IMO sounds better. Super impressed. If I was in the market and had the cash I'd buy one right now.
Very helpful video. Both amps sounded good, but I could hear a warmth in the tube amp I like better. Too bad, because I like the idea of a lighter amp that does the same thing as a tube. Certainly impressive how close they are.

stilwel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stilwel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:49 am

I encourage you to try the TM in person. I wouldn’t base any opinions on a YT video.

He had both of those amps mic’d up. Very slight differences in mic placement have a huge effect, particularly on the high end.

Sitting in front of them is a completely different experience. The thing to keep in mind is that even tube amps vary one to the next due to parts/tube tolerances and speakers. The difference between a TM and a RI amp is no more different than 2 tube RI amps side by side. You can usually get them dialed in with a minor eq adjustment.

Beltone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Beltone » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:04 am

stilwel wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:49 am
I encourage you to try the TM in person. I wouldn’t base any opinions on a YT video.

He had both of those amps mic’d up. Very slight differences in mic placement have a huge effect, particularly on the high end.

Sitting in front of them is a completely different experience. The thing to keep in mind is that even tube amps vary one to the next due to parts/tube tolerances and speakers. The difference between a TM and a RI amp is no more different than 2 tube RI amps side by side. You can usually get them dialed in with a minor eq adjustment.
Excellent advice. I shouldn't rush to judge. Ideally I'll be able to rent both for a month each before deciding.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:04 am

I'm shocked at how good the Tone Master sounds in Andy's demo. One thing I would bet is that the Tone Master would sound fuller at home at low volumes, as I usually play, than the tube Deluxe. Cranked up, I bet the tubes would sound better. If they made a Tone Master version on a Princeton, I'd be happy to jump on one...
Last edited by Shadoweclipse13 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Trout » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:17 am

Eric Haugen has a good example too:
https://youtu.be/Whg4JECoirk
#sitdownrock at https://staffanandersson.bandcamp.com/album/det-hemliga-namnet

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:27 am

sound really near in this vid ,i have recognise the tube one but the deluxe is limited in power i find, to play real clean past 4 it become really trebly don't know if the tonemaster as the same comportement ?
4 with a drummer who is loud is not really loud in clean to heard you at the rehearsale the snare alone is already 96 db and at 4 the deluxe is like 100 db and the sound become really bright ,i have try lot of thing but i always really disappears in the mix and become really trebly (with a jazzmaster and a tank in front )
but for home the drri was the best amp i have for a long time ,miss mine in fact but it is remplace now
for the weight the 22 kg was perfect for moving a combo more it become heavy ,and the size is realy good to fit in the trunck

in the serie i would like to try the twin one ,the weight always be problematics with

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:40 am

Trout wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:17 am
Eric Haugen has a good example too:
https://youtu.be/Whg4JECoirk
I thought about that too. Then I thought that the Princeton is already pretty much grab and go. Probably why they decided not to do it with that model

apache snow
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by apache snow » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:36 pm