Thinking maybe Mojotone Deluxe....

Make it loud here.
ShortyMedlock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Thinking maybe Mojotone Deluxe....

Post by ShortyMedlock » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:11 am

Still in Florida hanging with my no-brother-good-in-law at his place.

What's her face is here, too.

I have been kinda thinking maybe I'm old enough to get a Deluxe ( or Princeton) kit put the together.

Right now I have a Musician Bass on the bench, my 90's vintage Pro Jr right next to it, a Dano Nifty Thirty and a Line 6 modeler.

I have been drooling over Deluxe Reverbs since the 60's. I can't afford a vintage piece, don't really want a reissue so maybe building a kit is the answer.

Nothing wrong with a reissue but I really don't like Fender's circuit boards and their burned up traces.

So...if I sell my Dano and the Line 6 I might get a couple hundred $$$. Plus maybe $500 for the freshly recapped Pro Jr.

I would keep the Musicmaster because it's old like me. I figured I could add a couple hundred and I would have a nice Deluxe.

I really like the Princeton's, too but really want a Deluxe....with a 15" speaker.

My son Jamie is s a fine cabinet maker so he could build a spot on repo cab for me...maybe pine or birch?

I'm too old to even think about "maybe later"... later ain't coming.

Thoughts? Not that I will follow any advice!!!

Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Thinking maybe Mojotone Deluxe....

Post by Nudger » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:25 am

If you got the skills I say go for it!
I built a twin reverb clone from internet drawings, mainly rob robbinette diagrams.
My only building experience prior was a fuzz pedal..
It was the best sounding twin ive heard, still kickin myself for selling it. Convinced myself I needed a smaller amp.
Within a couple of months I got a reissue, not the same :(

hulakatt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hulakatt » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:03 pm

Go for the Deluxe Reverb.

Stick with a 12" but grab either a Gold or a Jupiter, depending on which side of the pond you prefer your speakers from.

Go 70's style with the cab, naked wood and stain it, clear coat and polish or use some fancy hardwood like a Mesa Bougie!
She/Her

Nudger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nudger » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:32 am

hulakatt wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:03 pm
Go for the Deluxe Reverb.

Stick with a 12" but grab either a Gold or a Jupiter,

Been having a binge on jupiter ytube demos, Luv my jenson but when it pops I will deffo be giving one a try.