Inside my 1965 Fender Tremolux.....

Make it loud here.
zhivago
Mods
Mods

Inside my 1965 Fender Tremolux.....

Post by zhivago » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:21 am

here's some pics....give them time to load :)

http://www.againstperfection.net/guitar ... molux.html
Resident Spartan.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Re: Inside my 1965 Fender Tremolux.....

Post by daydreamdelay » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:58 am

very cool.. nice to get a look at the inner workings, I love old ptp amps!

thanks for sharing  8)

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:31 am

it's a pleasure :)
Resident Spartan.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:17 am

It looks good John! Are you still going to stick it in a combo cab? I would LOVE to have Tremolux and the 2x10 cab they came with. I was thinking of selling my Bandmaster and buying a Tremolux at one point, but then I never went through with it.

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:14 am

yeah, been trying to stick a combo 2x10 cab on my credit card all day, but paypal's pissing me about.

I never go to the creditcard for gear....but I need to get my amp up and running as I got gigs coming up....that's why I'm going through the sale...so I can then put the money back straight  into mty credit card...

I need to get the 2x10 combo cab, a boss tu2, another cable, 2 patch cables (but decent ones)

oh, and a stepdown transformer.

but now, thanks to paypal, I gotta wait for the validation code on my statement! :(
Resident Spartan.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:14 pm

Yeah, I've been dicked over by Paypal multiple times. Everytime I have bought something that took a good bit of money (several of my guitars and an amp or two), I've had to delay things because of it. Even when I had all of the cash money in my bank account, it said my transaction was "risky" and would only allow me to use an eCheck so that it could clear first. On top of that, I have some pathetic daily spend limit on my debit card, so I can never use that for anything big. I've been sending checks via snail mail for most large purchases these days  :-X  Good luck with it though!

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:00 pm

thanks man! once I get my setup up and running I'll be ever so happy! :)

especialy as I will be able to play it live at gigs!!
Resident Spartan.

Marc
Expat
Expat

Post by Marc » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:53 pm

Hi Guys!

I always use my credit card as a funding source when using PayPal.... it tries to get you to use your bank account and PayPal imply that using a bank account as a funding source is somehow "safer" and more "secure"  ???

This is complete rubbish as if you have a problem you can ring up your credit card company and order a chargeback (refund). There is nothing PayPal can do to stop this and you are therefore protected. If you've used your bank account you simply cannot get the money back.

The "buyers protection" system PayPal issue is complete BS. It says it's up to £500 - but the maximum they will pay up is about £115!!!! This is in the fine print AND they charge a fee to do it so you get even less. It's a useless con.

Amp looks great BTW!
Yes the cat has opposing thumbs and extra digits.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:08 am

"Contributing Member ********************"

;D

Yeah, Paypal is a bit of a scam. I generally use it to send small-ish amounts of money to people I already trust.

Nice to see you BTW ..

[edit] Oh, and very cool Tremolux John .. looks almost untouched on the inside, apart from maybe replacement caps?
Last edited by mezcalhead on Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:58 am

Marc wrote: Hi Guys!

I always use my credit card as a funding source when using PayPal.... it tries to get you to use your bank account and PayPal imply that using a bank account as a funding source is somehow "safer" and more "secure"  ???

This is complete rubbish as if you have a problem you can ring up your credit card company and order a chargeback (refund). There is nothing PayPal can do to stop this and you are therefore protected. If you've used your bank account you simply cannot get the money back.

The "buyers protection" system PayPal issue is complete BS. It says it's up to £500 - but the maximum they will pay up is about £115!!!! This is in the fine print AND they charge a fee to do it so you get even less. It's a useless con.

Amp looks great BTW!

very right about that, Marc (nice to see you here)

I used my credit card and ordered a 2x10 combo cab...should be here in 2-3 weeks time...I'll post pics when it gets here :)
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:00 am

mezcalhead wrote: "Contributing Member ********************"

;D

Yeah, Paypal is a bit of a scam. I generally use it to send small-ish amounts of money to people I already trust.

Nice to see you BTW ..

[edit] Oh, and very cool Tremolux John .. looks almost untouched on the inside, apart from maybe replacement caps?
it does look pretty much untouched, yeah...the caps were thankfuly already changed...I'm yet to fire it up, actualy, so I hope it'll work ok!!

I see quite a few Tremoluxes in pretty good condition, and I can't work it out...maybe they weren't gigged and stuff?

35 Watts seems plenty to me, but I suppose back then it was all about the volume.....

:)
Resident Spartan.

ohm-men
Expat
Expat

Post by ohm-men » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:13 pm

Hmmmm....Tremolux....nice. Looks a lot like mine.

I got mine finished now. I build a 2x10" cab for it (after the specs found in the online '66 catologue) but I put some lightweigt Jensen CH12-35's in it. Sounds very nice.....A bit more bottom due to the 12's. I also installed the tilt back legs and the rest of the hardware, since I don't have ears at my knees. This makes a huge difference in sound (at least when you are standing while playing.) and it looks nice next to my blonde Showman...
Proud "Young Router Jockey" And Rental service for "woodchippers"