Post by zhivago » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:39 am

the sound's  very thin, I think
Resident Spartan.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jumpering channels.....

Post by chrisjedijane » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:24 am

surely the sound would be either very very quiet or non-existant?

This all depends on the degree of phase cancellation - I'm assuming that it'd be 180 degrees, right?

I'm just thinking theoretically here, i don't jumper channels.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:09 am

I have a '76 Super Reverb that the first channel has been modded to allow the reverb/vibrato to work on channel one also, which I think means that they reversed the phase of it also, but as I didn't do the mod, nor do I want to open up my amp to tinker with it, I wouldn't know. Anyway, when I jumpered it, I couldn't tell a difference. If channel one was turned all the way down, all I could hear was channel two and vice versa. When I unplugged the jumper cable there wasn't a major difference in tone, or volume unless one of the channels was turned way up.  This might be usefull to plug into an on off switch into the jumper loop and use it as a boost.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:43 am

Superfuzz wrote:
mynameisjonas wrote: yeah it was BF
Do you note that punchy sound as said by "gogothegogo"?
yeah, the lower mids became more distinct. definitely more punch available.

"welcome to the party! here, have some punch. oh no! we´re out of punch! ah well, i´ll just jumper the channels on my bassman to get some more."

i´m really sorry about that guys. it may well be one of the lamest jokes of this century. ;D

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:17 am

::) *groan*
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:21 am

mynameisjonas wrote:

yeah, the lower mids became more distinct. definitely more punch available.

"welcome to the party! here, have some punch. oh no! we´re out of punch! ah well, i´ll just jumper the channels on my bassman to get some more."

i´m really sorry about that guys. it may well be one of the lamest jokes of this century. ;D
Maybe it's funnier in Swedish... ???
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:25 am

'fraid not. that´s as funny as it gets.

evoluzione

Post by evoluzione » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:50 am

zhivago wrote: ....anyone doing this with their amps?

I cannot wait to try it out with the Tremolux......I'm so curious as to what it sounds like...

are the claims of more gain, and also more eq options, by mixing the controls of both channels true?
I jumper the channels on my Tremolux, I use the bright switch on the vibrato channel.
In short - It sounds much better, bigger, more control, more gain.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:06 am

evoluzione wrote:

I cannot wait to try it out with the Tremolux......I'm so curious as to what it sounds like...

are the claims of more gain, and also more eq options, by mixing the controls of both channels true?
I jumper the channels on my Tremolux, I use the bright switch on the vibrato channel.
woohoo!!

this is fantastic news!

my Tremolux is almost ready...waiting for the speakers, then I need to get them wired and I also need a stepdown transformer, then I'm good to go!

:)
Resident Spartan.

evoluzione

Post by evoluzione » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:04 am

zhivago wrote:
evoluzione wrote:

woohoo!!

this is fantastic news!

my Tremolux is almost ready...waiting for the speakers, then I need to get them wired and I also need a stepdown transformer, then I'm good to go!

I think it helps that I drive both channels on the Tremolux from my GCX switching system.
I don't have the associated problems with loading (usually when driving 2 inputs you only supply half the signal to each of them, resulting in no more volume, sometimes slightly quieter..!).
This may make a difference, I haven't tried the old skool method of just patching across the 2 inputs but I will when I rehearse next (Wednesday)

I have just re-read that and it makes very little sense, luckily I don't write instruction manuals for a living..!!

I will report back.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:01 am

evoluzione wrote:
zhivago wrote:
evoluzione wrote: I jumper the channels on my Tremolux, I use the bright switch on the vibrato channel.
woohoo!!

this is fantastic news!

I think it helps that I drive both channels on the Tremolux from my GCX switching system.
I don't have the associated problems with loading (usually when driving 2 inputs you only supply half the signal to each of them, resulting in no more volume, sometimes slightly quieter..!).
This may make a difference, I haven't tried the old skool method of just patching across the 2 inputs but I will when I rehearse next (Wednesday)

I have just re-read that and it makes very little sense, luckily I don't write instruction manuals for a living..!!

I will report back.

fantastic, I look forward to your impressions :)
Resident Spartan.