Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Make it loud here.
User avatar
andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 5952
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by andy_tchp » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:58 pm

I know it's incredibly shallow, but am I the only one that absolutely hates the aesthetics of these? :unsure:
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

User avatar
Grey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2023
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 11:58 am

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by Grey » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:37 am

andy_tchp wrote:I know it's incredibly shallow, but am I the only one that absolutely hates the aesthetics of these?
I think they look alright, but what's up with the "modern" Fender logo? Why change the iconic script that's on all the other guitars and amps?

User avatar
Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1503
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:14 am
Location: fROMOHIO

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Tried out the 007 head/1x12 cab setup myself today and not too shabby! Seemed a little more compressed than the 1974x or Remedy, but initial impression is that it could most likely satisfy my Marshall jones while still kind of doing its own thing to some extent. They look and feel a bit cheap to me in person but those are about the only downsides I noticed in a ~15 minute test drive. Pretty certain this is my favorite drive sound I've heard coming out of a Fender at sub-skull exploding volumes.

User avatar
_nash
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arizona
Contact:

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by _nash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:26 pm

I don't live the look either but I'm admittedly over-picky about that sort of thing.

They seem fairly noisy to me. All the demos I can find they just hum like crazy...

User avatar
andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 5952
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by andy_tchp » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:06 am

Grey wrote:
andy_tchp wrote:I know it's incredibly shallow, but am I the only one that absolutely hates the aesthetics of these?
I think they look alright, but what's up with the "modern" Fender logo? Why change the iconic script that's on all the other guitars and amps?
Agree that's a turn off. My gripe is the colour; it reminds me of the raft of cheap grey-carpet-covered-shit you see languishing in pawn shops.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

User avatar
mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin
Posts: 12526
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:55 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by mynameisjonas » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:32 am

andy_tchp wrote:
Grey wrote:
andy_tchp wrote:I know it's incredibly shallow, but am I the only one that absolutely hates the aesthetics of these?
I think they look alright, but what's up with the "modern" Fender logo? Why change the iconic script that's on all the other guitars and amps?
Agree that's a turn off. My gripe is the colour; it reminds me of the raft of cheap grey-carpet-covered-shit you see languishing in pawn shops.
That's actually the old Fender logo, the one they used in the 40s and 50s.

User avatar
redchapterjubilee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Arden, NC

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by redchapterjubilee » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:27 am

I don't mind how it looks. You will be able to tell right away what amp someone is playing onstage since no other amp really looks like that.

hella1hella
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1213
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 am

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by hella1hella » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:44 am

I LOVE the way it looks! Still haven't had a chance to play one though...

User avatar
rory
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by rory » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:52 pm

http://intl.fender.com/en-CA/series/bassbreaker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
rory
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by rory » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Too bad the 2x12 cab is only 16ohms. Would've been interested in trying my 67' Bassman head through it.

User avatar
FightingPlankton
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by FightingPlankton » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:28 pm

So, I got to play through the 7 watter... very unimpressed. Super muddy, squishy...not fendery at all. I realise that's the point of the new line using new tubes and everything. And every model has different specs, wattages, and tube compliments...but if the 7w is anything to go by, i don't think they'll do very well.
What is acoustic? Oh, you means a grandpa's guitars? A grandpa's guitars? That's for pussies and grandpas. I think you know it.

User avatar
OffYourFace
Mods
Mods
Posts: 12196
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by OffYourFace » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:04 pm

rory wrote:Too bad the 2x12 cab is only 16ohms. Would've been interested in trying my 67' Bassman head through it.
it can easily be rewired to 4 ohms. It has two 8 ohm speakers wired in series to get a more of a British vibe but you can rewire it parallel for 4 ohms.
synth tech at www.rosensound.com

User avatar
rory
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by rory » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:21 pm

OffYourFace wrote:
rory wrote:Too bad the 2x12 cab is only 16ohms. Would've been interested in trying my 67' Bassman head through it.
it can easily be rewired to 4 ohms. It has two 8 ohm speakers wired in series to get a more of a British vibe but you can rewire it parallel for 4 ohms.
Ah yes, duh. :fp:

User avatar
MrLambyLamb
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by MrLambyLamb » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:54 pm

I need to try these out. I think one could replace the AC15 that I'm using as my number 2. I have never fallen in love with that the way I did with my twin. This could give me something that scratches the British itch.

User avatar
Nick and the Noise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:23 am
Location: The Hague, the Netherlands

Re: Fender Bassbreaker Amplifiers... !?

Post by Nick and the Noise » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:07 am

Most interesting. I also like the way these look. More playing impressions please!

Post Reply