just bought a pedal case off of Rondo music

Everyone needs a stompbox.
micaiah
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

just bought a pedal case off of Rondo music

Post by micaiah » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:28 am

how's the build quality

http://www.rondomusic.com/pdc410fbk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i bought this one, they seem pretty good and are a steal for the money! if anyone has one how have they held up to gigging
Excelsior amp love it a shit load more versatile then given credit for fender strat, squier standard tele don't hate, it has the tone I've been chasing since I modded it with my secret I won't reveal unless you REALLY wanna know and a blacktop Jazzmaster

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: just bought a pedal case off of Rondo music

Post by s_mcsleazy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:57 am

looks like a re-branded vertio of the stag ones.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

triviani
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by triviani » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:37 pm

If you don't abuse it, it will last.

These are very popular here in Japan, everyone uses that style of boards. Nobody uses pedaltrain or other exoensive ones. What I don't like is the border around the base, you can't use straight jacks near it, like the cable that comes from the guitar and plugs into the first pedal.
An AC30 fired in anger can peel the paint from your automobile...

micaiah
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by micaiah » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:04 pm

well if that is a hindrance just use something to lift it just enough so you can, i plan on doing that if its not to my liking, but no i don't plan on chucking it down a 100 flight of stairs so it will do fine for the most part i'd like to think
Excelsior amp love it a shit load more versatile then given credit for fender strat, squier standard tele don't hate, it has the tone I've been chasing since I modded it with my secret I won't reveal unless you REALLY wanna know and a blacktop Jazzmaster

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Ok for the price, I've had one for few years but it's basically ready for the scrap heap now.

I look after my stuff well, but the detachable hinges ended up bent and are now difficult to align/use, and the cheap front latches feel really shitty to use because of this.

I definitely wouldn't rely on it staying shut/intact if it was going to be trusted to baggage handlers or freight forwarders.

Hard to beat for the price though, even if you only get 4-5 years out of it...
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

Lowendless
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lowendless » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:08 am

I've got one. Glue of the material holds pretty good. The quality is fair for the price, by all means do not stand on it, I do stack cases on top of mine, but I would not put direct pressure on the center of the wood. Definitely would cave in. But the edges are strong.

The hardware(locks/handle/hooks) are pretty good. It's a fair case, but not meant to handle much abuse.....so don't trust your sister's boyfriend's cousin to unload it from your vehicle. Lol

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:19 am

andy_tchp wrote: I look after my stuff well, but the detachable hinges ended up bent and are now difficult to align/use...
I had this exact problem with my Kinsmann case after about 4 uses. It looks very similar & I wouldn't be surprised if it came of the same factory line.

I think I got mine on offer for £20 out the door.

As with all these "good value" cases you need to handle them with care & certainly don't use them as foot-stools. The handle & locks are pretty hardwearing though.
I'm sure in general they'd hold up well to having larger things stacked on top of them so long as the weight was distributed around the sides, not the centre.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

micaiah
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by micaiah » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:53 am

hmm alright fair enough thinks for the input guys this will do me well for a while

Johnnyseven
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Johnnyseven » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 am

I had the Stagg version and it lasted for about 4 years until the base material came away from the case. It was tough enough for my regular gigging and rehearsing.

d-rock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by d-rock » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:52 pm

I've been using one for years. It's seen its bump and bruises and is still going strong.

It has two big flaws for me. First is the material they use for the pedals to stick to is real thin/flimsy and more like felt, not Velcro. Second is the lip on the base does not allow you to plug anything into the jacks if the pedals are close to the edge. Here's how I fixed these two issues...

First thing I did was rip out the felt and replace it with indoor/outdoor carpet. You can get it for cheap at any home improvement store. Second, I bought two right angle connectors from Radio Shack. I have them on the pedals first and last in my chain. Works like a charm. You can kind of see them hanging out of the tuner and Tremolo pedals...

micaiah
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by micaiah » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:50 pm

d-rock wrote:I've been using one for years. It's seen its bump and bruises and is still going strong.

It has two big flaws for me. First is the material they use for the pedals to stick to is real thin/flimsy and more like felt, not Velcro. Second is the lip on the base does not allow you to plug anything into the jacks if the pedals are close to the edge. Here's how I fixed these two issues...

First thing I did was rip out the felt and replace it with indoor/outdoor carpet. You can get it for cheap at any home improvement store. Second, I bought two right angle connectors from Radio Shack. I have them on the pedals first and last in my chain. Works like a charm. You can kind of see them hanging out of the tuner and Tremolo pedals...

ahhhh i see this will help me a shit ton when i get mine THANK you good sir i shall do the same or i'll just plan to get enough carpet to raise it up over the latches
Last edited by micaiah on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:53 pm

i noticed a simalar problem with my stag board. only boss pedals had jacks tall enough to make it over the lip. my bandmate gemma noticed the same problem. were building a box to help this problem.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'