ZVEX Instant Lo-Fi Junky review and demo

Everyone needs a stompbox.
gaussgunn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

ZVEX Instant Lo-Fi Junky review and demo

Post by gaussgunn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Pretty old stuff compared to the latest boutique pedals but still unique and rare. I guess nobody can be surprised by chorus+vibrato+compressor, but this pedal, the way these features mixed and tuned here - its just killing me. This is the real inspiring effect, cuz no matter what did you played before it but once you hit it - you just want to strum some slow stuff with chords. Basically it throws you back to the 80-90s. Joke, lets look serious at it. THe controls are not so obvious as they seem. The "tone" control dials the compression-limiting of your signal , volume and tone as well. So the volume control sits here to compensate the tone knob I would say. "Comp lo-fi" knob - we can call it the soul of the pedal. From the 7 to 10 o'clock you got nothing but compression, the from the 10 to 1.5 o'clock the sweet and soft chorus mixes in, and later from the 1.5 to 5 o'clock you are getting vibrato effect which detunes you guitar in a very cool way, also it adds some white hiss. Got to mention - you will always have you signal compressed and limited even if you go full clockwise. So this knobs basically adds chorus and vibrato to compression. The "depth" dials the depth of chorus and vibrato, the funny thing that "speed" control dials the depth too, so setting this pedal up may be a bit tricky. That little toggle switch changes the waveform, the third mode gives you and effect of stuttering gramophone, great stuff for finish tracks. It should be used with a clean amp or after your dirt pedals. I dig this pedal these days very much, MacDemarco in a box lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQAHAIYpQyk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mickey69
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: ZVEX Instant Lo-Fi Junky review and demo

Post by Mickey69 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:29 am

sounds sweet and mellow :?

dmin77
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dmin77 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:35 pm

I love this pedal. I like to turn down the depth and speed knobs and turn the lo-fi knob all the way up.
Gives a nice lo-fi, dry bark for rhythm. Nice for moving shapes like little three note voicings (example; Amin6 with A = root C = 3rd F# = 6th) all around the fretboard.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Man, that is one of the few delays that would make me consider moving on from my ancient DMM.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

dmin77
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dmin77 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:54 am

Maggieo wrote:Man, that is one of the few delays that would make me consider moving on from my ancient DMM.
Well it's actually a chorus + vibrato pedal but i can say it does sound great in line with a dmm delay pedal. :)