A Chris Carter Chemistry Lesson on Effects Pedals

Everyone needs a stompbox.
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

A Chris Carter Chemistry Lesson on Effects Pedals

Post by shadowplay » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:23 am

Just posting this since Cosey has just released her first solo work since Jesus was a boy.

I'm biased and even though very little happens and it's an anti charismatic video, it's the only pedal video I've ever got to the end of and i'm glad I did since he makes a lovely sound.

I very much recommend Chris' recent elpee Chemistry Lessons Volume One and the related remix 12".

There's also videos on mixing and artwork.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

uraniumwilly
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: A Chris Carter Chemistry Lesson on Effects Pedals

Post by uraniumwilly » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:33 am

Thanks for this.

I have a few of their 80s/90s albums on vinyl and I find their sound interesting. Ordinarily, after seeing a post like this I'd go into my 6' x 4' closet and pull out one of their records and give a listen. But my closet is now a (cough cough) recording studio and every record has been banished to dusty storage boxes and outdoors-ish weather patterns - like a dog.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Re: A Chris Carter Chemistry Lesson on Effects Pedals

Post by mezcalhead » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:18 pm

This is great. Watched the other two videos as well, the mixing one is interesting for how simple he makes it look, and the artwork one sent me looking for the vinyl with the gloss/matt cover effect.

I tracked down the Radiophonic workshop tribute he mentioned, and it's a good watch as well.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.