Recommend me a bass overdrive please.

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Recommend me a bass overdrive please.

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:09 pm

marqueemoon wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:00 pm
somanytoys wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 am
Outside of a live situation, the main thing I use my cab sim on the VT DI is going into the pa instead of a bass amp at home. But I’ve also jacked right into the pa using other pedals, and it’s fine.

I really find it to be less of a big deal on bass. You can usually manage get a good sound with bass direct, but I think guitar usually needs that amp & speaker sound to help round things out. Direct guitar sounds can be cool, but I don’t think I’d want to do a lot of it.

Just my thoughts. I don’t think you’d really miss the cab sim or the headphone jack anyway, as long as you love the pedal.
Absolutely agree.

...and to add to what I said earlier what is the best bass sound on a recording depends on the context. Sometimes you don’t know what the right bass tone is for a song until you start mixing. Plugin amp sims give you more flexibility at this stage.

I’m a strong believer in printing guitar sounds and making those decisions early, but bass is a different story.
Glad to hear this. I might look into grabbing that Vintage Ultra V1. It's like $100-$130 cheaper as the V2s seem to be more desired.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384