Waza Craft buffers

Everyone needs a stompbox.
tdbajus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Waza Craft buffers

Post by tdbajus » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:55 am

Has anyone else noticed that the newer Boss pedals have really great buffers in them? I hated the old Boss buffers, but I have the new analog delay, the new tuner, and the DD500, all of which just sound wonderful.

I saw that Boss came out with a new DD3. I have the old DD2, and while the echos sound amazing on it, it just murders your guitar sound coming out. I'm praying there are some simple mods that I can do to my old DD2 that make the buffer sound like the DM2W. I bought a Doctor pedal from Wampler, which I thought was supposed to be a better DD2/3, but I found it to be very disappointing.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Waza Craft buffers

Post by StevenO » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:16 am

The really old boss pedals from the 80s and 90s have pretty crappy buffers, but I think over the past 20 or so years they've been quite okay, if not great. Certainly nothing too noticeable to my ears. I can't comment on the new ones as I've only ever owned a the DM-2W for a bit, which was perfectly fine, and I have a recent Boss TU-3 that was given to me. My Line Selector probably gets the most use out of my boss pedals and it's perfectly fine as well. No noise or loss in tone or anything like that.

tdbajus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tdbajus » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:46 am

StevenO wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:16 am
The really old boss pedals from the 80s and 90s have pretty crappy buffers, but I think over the past 20 or so years they've been quite okay, if not great. Certainly nothing too noticeable to my ears. I can't comment on the new ones as I've only ever owned a the DM-2W for a bit, which was perfectly fine, and I have a recent Boss TU-3 that was given to me. My Line Selector probably gets the most use out of my boss pedals and it's perfectly fine as well. No noise or loss in tone or anything like that.
When I got a DM-2w to try out, I was absolutely flabbergasted that my bypassed tone improved noticeably.

re:tuners

I really wanted to use the TU3s, which is, to me, the perfect form factor, but it really wrecked my guitar sound. On the other hand, I hate almost everything about the TU3w- the unnecessary footswitch, the stupid ultra-bright blue LEDs that make it impossible to see the much dimmer green LED in the center (I hate those ultra-bright blue LEDs in general).

But the buffer sounds awesome, so it's the one on my board. I think I'm going to open the display and put nail polish or tape over the blue LEDs to tone them down a bit. If I could pay someone to put the guts of the TU3w onto the form factor of the TU3s, I would absolutely do it in a second.

Life is suffering.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:49 am

The buffer on the Waza chorus is so, good, I had no idea it has one.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:37 am

The only one I have is the DC-2w, and I don’t really notice anything with it like I have on older Boss pedals. I think they have improved the buffers.

I have 2 older BD-2s, but they were both modded (by different companies) and I’m not sure if the buffer was swapped out with the mods or not. I don’t notice a bad buffer sound with them, but it makes me curious about it now...wish I could work on pedals.

Also have an old TU-2 tuner, but I only use it with a crappy old Traynor 10 watt ss amp, and rarely turn that up very loud, so it’s not going to be too noticeable anyway. Shit, it may actually help more than hurt.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:12 pm

tdbajus wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:46 am
StevenO wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:16 am
When I got a DM-2w to try out, I was absolutely flabbergasted that my bypassed tone improved noticeably.

re:tuners

I really wanted to use the TU3s, which is, to me, the perfect form factor, but it really wrecked my guitar sound. On the other hand, I hate almost everything about the TU3w- the unnecessary footswitch, the stupid ultra-bright blue LEDs that make it impossible to see the much dimmer green LED in the center (I hate those ultra-bright blue LEDs in general).

But the buffer sounds awesome, so it's the one on my board. I think I'm going to open the display and put nail polish or tape over the blue LEDs to tone them down a bit. If I could pay someone to put the guts of the TU3w onto the form factor of the TU3s, I would absolutely do it in a second.

Life is suffering.
I mean you could probably just turn the treble up like half a notch and your problem would be solved