Hudson Broadcast Ariel Posen signature edition

Everyone needs a stompbox.
stonevibe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Hudson Broadcast Ariel Posen signature edition

Post by stonevibe » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:14 am

This new Ariel Posen version of the Hudson Broadcast looks interesting. I'm a big fan of my regular version with germanium transistors, so wondering how this new one will compare?

If anyone on here gets one, can they let me know what they think? Especially, if you have already tried or own a regular version. Cheers!

https://www.gearnews.com/hudson-electro ... amp-pedal/

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: Hudson Broadcast Ariel Posen signature edition

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:01 am

The transformer change will make a much bigger difference in tone than the transistors will. That mention of “low end depth” and “top end clarity “ is all about the transformer.

The original seems like it would be more versatile to me. If you’re happy with it then there’s no need to chase another one. This version seems specifically tailored to the needs of this guitarist. I don’t know who he is, actually with that name I thought he was a she, but unless your needs are the same as his, I would stick with what you have as long as you’re happy with it.

The fuzz on an internal trim pot would bother me. I’d want the original just for that reason alone. If you don’t have a Broadcast already; and I don’t, then you have a decision about what’s important, otherwise the original seems like a better choice to me.

stonevibe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stonevibe » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:29 am

I've already got one of the Hudson pedals, but mine was a. limited run with the BC-24V-LTD transistors, which he doesn't make anymore. Great pedal though and I would happily own another one.

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:56 am

I am interested in how this compares to the standard version, and i like the size+reduced controls, but i have no idea who arial poser is and i don't have any spare gear money right now