NPRD: New Pedal Roadcase Day

Everyone needs a stompbox.
MrShake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NPRD: New Pedal Roadcase Day

Post by MrShake » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:12 am

Ordered a roll of 2" foam online, and found a discounted hardshell suitcase. Layer one is my DIY line splitter and a miniboard with a NanoVerb and a bypass switch.

Toss a T-shirt, add the new live/DI board, as many budget pedals as I can, but cant live without those Boss...

Foam in the lid and in the ground-side pocket keeps it all in place.

$20 for foam, $40 for the suitcase. My wife was only too quick to suggest some ratty old tshirts to use. Stencil the band name and find some stickers.

Suck it, fancypants gearmakers. DIY.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NPRD: New Pedal Roadcase Day

Post by marqueemoon » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:22 am

Nice. I’m sure that’s more rugged than most pedalboard cases.

I have a Craigslist Pelican case for mine. I use a small quilt I found in a free pile for padding. Works great.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:11 am

I went through 2-3 luggage cases for my pedals back in the ‘90-00s. It was pretty common to hit up a thrift store for an old Samsonite if you had more than a handful of pedals. I used to stuff mine with an old bath towel for shock absorption.

We would cover them in band stickers and liberally applied duct tape to make them last longer. If you added some pedals it was easy enough to upgrade to a bigger case.

Now I have a custom made NYC case with Anvil style latches and reinforced edges and I have to architect how the pedals fit together. Still covered with band stickers.

cestlamort
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cestlamort » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:51 am

Great work.
I used also appreciate the divider on old suitcases to keep cords etc on one side and pedals on the other. Still have 3-4 survivors storing pedals and drum machines in the music room. We still use some for merch.
Samsonite has nice cushioned handles too.
I was always too cheap to go get foam though.

(Tangent: I remember visiting my grandparents in Arizona and we had such great thrifting that we had to buy more (great) luggage to take it all home. Ah, nineties)

CorporateDisguise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CorporateDisguise » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:37 am

I think I had almost this same exact suitcase back in highschool. I got it at salvation army for my pedal board. Same color, same size. I used band merch to stuff it though. I wasn’t sophisticated enough to cut foam. ;D