big murph in action!

Everyone needs a stompbox.
mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

big murph in action!

Post by mynameisjonas » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:29 am

i just recorded an instrumental demo of a song i wrote eight years ago, for my band truckstar, but it was never recorded back then.
the setup was: MIJ jazzmaster with SJM-1s-->big murph-->computer, so it´s not the most representative recording, but it gives you a general idea. i appologize for the wobbly bass, it´s actually a detuned guitar.

http://www.purevolume.com/paperfist (first song)

edit: for those of you who don´t know what big murph is; it´s my NYC big muff RI that i removed the diodes from, and changed a bunch of caps and resitors.
Last edited by mynameisjonas on Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: big murph in action!

Post by zhivago » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:39 am

damn it, Jonas...if I lived in Sweden, we'd totally be in a band together....I'd FORCE you to be in a band with me!  ;D

great stuff!!

8) 8) 8) 8)
Resident Spartan.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:45 am

thanks man! i don´t think you´d need much force really :)

we´re actually thinking of putting the band together again, after seven years on hiatus. i found a live VHS of us a few days ago, and there were some great songs on it.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:49 am

you guys should do it....it's good to take time off, and then if you look back and things still rock, then doing it again is the best thing :)

are all bands in Sweden kick-ass, or i it just the ones I always come across??  ???
Resident Spartan.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:49 am

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:54 am

COOL!!!
The murph sounds very good for me it's able to sparkle too!!
Your guitar is in standar tuning?
And the drums are real or made by the pc?
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:16 am

zhivago wrote: you guys should do it....it's good to take time off, and then if you look back and things still rock, then doing it again is the best thing :)

are all bands in Sweden kick-ass, or i it just the ones I always come across??  ???
well, certainly not all swedish bands are kick-ass, but there are a lot of great bands per capita so to speak. but there are a lot of really bad bands too. and they´re usually the ones who get all the attention/money.
Superfuzz wrote: COOL!!!
The murph sounds very good for me it's able to sparkle too!!
Your guitar is in standar tuning?
And the drums are real or made by the pc?
yeah, changing the caps really added a lot of sparkle and clarity, i love it :)
the guitars are drop-D, and the drums are fake. but i used a great drum sample kit, it´s called Drumkit From Hell ;D

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:17 am

mynameisjonas wrote:
zhivago wrote: you guys should do it....it's good to take time off, and then if you look back and things still rock, then doing it again is the best thing :)

well, certainly not all swedish bands are kick-ass, but there are a lot of great bands per capita so to speak. but there are a lot of really bad bands too. and they´re usually the ones who get all the attention/money.
I see...my faves still are Logh, Cobolt, Sounds Like Violence, Last Days Of April...Jenniferever are great too :)
Resident Spartan.

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:02 am

mynameisjonas wrote: yeah, changing the caps really added a lot of sparkle and clarity, i love it :)
the guitars are drop-D, and the drums are fake. but i used a great drum sample kit, it´s called Drumkit From Hell ;D
That's a good news..I'm still searching the right combination for my next DIY Big Muff..and yours it's very close to what I'm looking for..good! good! ;)
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:08 am

I really like how those drums sound, very live feel to them versus the over perfect sound I've heard on a lot of other programs. I've been looking to upgrade from the garageband loops.. is this program pretty quick and easy to use? 

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:03 am

I really like the sound of this, jonas. It makes me want to get my BM fixed :D

the drumkit from hell is really good - but isn't it a massive program?

zhivago, Jeniferever are doing a tour of the UK soon - they're playing Belfast some time in April I think.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:13 am

chrisjedijane wrote:
zhivago, Jeniferever are doing a tour of the UK soon - they're playing Belfast some time in April I think.

that is great news!

I missed them the last time they were here :(

Logh are playing on the 20th of February too :)
Resident Spartan.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:23 am

just checked the Jeniferever myspace, and they're playing here on the 13th, and London on the 19th (venue TBC). I liked the stuff on their myspace so I'll be down to check it out.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:27 am

fantastic!

I'll definitely check 'em out live!!!
Resident Spartan.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:30 am

daydreamdelay wrote: I really like how those drums sound, very live feel to them versus the over perfect sound I've heard on a lot of other programs. I've been looking to upgrade from the garageband loops.. is this program pretty quick and easy to use? 
i actually haven´t figured out how to use the program, i just used the samples, and did the programming in fruityloops :-[

what´s good about DFH is that every drum is recorded with all other mics on, so you get all the natural ambience, and you have one "close" and one "room" sample of every drum. also, there´s about 5-10 different hits on every drum, and seperate samples for left hand hit and right hand hit.
Last edited by mynameisjonas on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.