PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: top 10 pedals you own.

Post by CorporateDisguise » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:44 pm

71 Supercollider- best muff I've tried.
Wattson EFY6- super versitile super fuzz
Pigtronix Infinity looper
Pigtronix Echoloution 2
Eventide H9- has some of the best reverbs I've heard
EHX SMMH- I sorta hate this thing, but the reverse swell function is the greatest thing ever. I don't use it for anythng else and it just takes up space.
EQD Grand Orbiter
EHX POG 2
JRAD Archer
Fulltone Supa Trem

Chip Korea
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Chip Korea » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:40 am

Paying no attention to value or rarity (in approximate descending order of desirability to me) -

(1) Korg Pitchblack tuner - my guitar would literally be useless without this!
(2) Death by Audio Fuzz War
(3) Zvex Fuzz Probe
(4) Zvex Wah probe
(5) North Effects Vox repeat percussion clone
(6) DAM Meathead clone
(7) Devi Ever Hyperion Clone
(8) Pigtronix Infinity Looper
(9) ZVEX Ringtone (because it's a fun toy that also does a fantastic cocked-wah type sound).
(10) Parasit Studio Theremin Fuzz

Might regret not having an A/B/Y box in there. If you ask me again in a month 6, 7 and 10 could all change for different fuzzes.

Kinx
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Kinx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:09 am

1. Boss TU-2 Tuner - I couldn't walk on stage without it !
  2. MXR MicroAmp - my most used pedal. I have the gain dimed all the time, it produces very specific distortion when set on max. I have version with white LED, others I have tried didn't sound as nasty as mine. This one will be very hard to replace eventually.
  3. Line6 M13 - I use the filter/synth section a lot, some effects even stacked on each other. Great versatile device.
  4. Boss OC-3 - The Poly mode is awesome, especially in solo acoustic setting
  5. Byiang FZ-10 - Cheap, but super versatile Big Muff clone.
  6. EHX Micro Synth - this pedal is great fun, especially when used with combo organs.
  7. Ibanez PT-909 - some settings are almost Univibe-like. My favourite vintage phaser.
  8. EHX Mistress (3rd revision, green label) - noisy, but great pedal.
  9. KHDK Scuzz - awesome and versatile fuzz box. I was really surprised how versatile it is, not to mention it sounds great with humbuckers too.
  10. MXR Jimi Hendrix FuzzFace + Boss GE-7 - i use this at once via single true bypass switcher . Both sound pretty uninteresting when turned on solo, but if I compesate the JH's volume drop and lack of mids on the Boss EQ, magic happens :D somehow this works for me a lot, especially with strats.
Check out my band, The Atavists ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-HZtrljMg

August
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by August » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:42 pm

• Turbo Tuner
• Snouse Black Box (Blues Breaker clone)
• B.Y.O.C. Mini Mouse (RAT clone)
• Malekko Vibrato. This sucked until I got the proper 12V supply, now it's :-* .
• SA Vertigo tremolo (for the harmonic trem, stereo trem)
• Boss BF-2 . My favourite "chorus".
• Boss CE-2. Pretty good chorus.
• TC Ditto looper. Simple, perfect.
• Radial ABY. I often play 2 amps and this sorts out any noise & phase issues.
• TC Flashback mini. Don't love it, but it's the tenth pedal I own and use (don't have any others) and it does the job for now for a room-type slap back or faux-reverb.

All my amps have spring reverb & bias-vary tremolo.

jaapbossen
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jaapbossen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm

1: EHX Memory Man Deluxe
2: Klon KTR
3: Fairfield Shallow Water
4: Maize TS808
5: MXR Micro Amp
6: EHX Germanium
7:Empress Vintage Superdelay
8: Klaver Klon Clone
9: Boss TU-2
10: footswitch to unleash some reverb and tremolo!

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:53 pm

In no particular order...

Blackout Effectors - Fuzz Bear - a Tonbender MKII type fuzz with SAG control - the one pedal Andy from Pro Guitar Shop.com instantly sold me - I even ordered it from the US because it was simply not available in Europe at that time - also to mention, first version of it, even without labeled knobs.

Audio Event - War Dance Overkill a Death By Audio Fuzz War Overload Clone by a Czech pedal builder - I liked the idea of having a Fuzz and a Booster in one enclosure - turned out the "Boost" was more like a high-pass-filter - think of the Jaguar's "Strangle"-Switch in pedal-form - which is nice for me, 'cause I use this switch a lot - and my backup guitar happens to be a guitar without that switch. And - it's easier to (de-)activate during a song. At that moment here was no way to get one of the sold out original's - but...DBA released the Super Fuzz War only one or two months after I received my clone.

Ibanez - DE-7 - this is probably the only pedal that is a companion for more than ten years now. Love the self oscillation abilities - and always use it in the Echo mode... also great with vocals and a Ibanez LF-7 in front.

Boss FRV-1 - I haven't had the possibility to play a real outboard Fender reverb unit. But for my purposes it's a really good reverb. Prefer it way over my EHX Cathedral. Maybe I'm going to get myself a Surfyindustries Surfybear DIY kits one day soon - and check what that can do - but for now I'm happy with that one.

Earthquaker Devices - Acuapulco Gold - the second pedal Andy from Pro Guitar Shop instantly sold me - but I bought it locally, simple awesome sound, also great with bass, but has currently no fix spot on my (main-)board

Korg - Pitchblack - my tuner since...many many years

JPTR FX - Super Weirdo - a super weird pedal as the name suggests. basically a always fully blasting fuzz with time modulation capabilities and a super glitchy feedback momentary switch - it has been a struggle to get some decent sounds out of it - could be less fuzzy and act more like a delay in my opinion - but it looks awesome and makes some really interesting noisy sounds (I really hope I can use this one in my new band)

Electro Harmonix - Soul Food - a really nice drive pedal - also works fine as a booster.

Voodoo Lab - Superfuzz - my first fuzz (during/after my Vox Tonelab LE period - which I only had because all my effects with exception of Whammy, Wah, and the already mentioned DE-7 got roasted during a concert due to broken high current cable - and later "lost" in the workshop of my now "former" music store of trust... oh man, was I pissed!)

hopefully my first DIY-Pedal will take it's place its place in the top ten soon. It contains a Fuzzrite-style Fuzz and a Rangemaster style Booster. Housed in my sanded down to raw metal enclosure that once belonged to a carl Martin classic flange - yes the old version...
I just made both circuits working today (The Fuzzrite-kit was a bit tricky) - now I need to check out in which order I'm going to run them - or, if I can work that out - it should contain a switch to do this. Update on that when finished!

as I live up to my name...how else could it be (5/10 being a Fuzz, not counting the Acuapulco Gold - which is close to a Fuzz but somehow more like an overdrive...but borders are fluid in that case)

Mike S
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike S » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Need to revise after recent trades/changes:
1. Black Cat Super Fuzz
2. MXR Submachine
3. EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff
4. EHX Small Clone
5. EHX Big Box Stereo Polychorus
6. EHX Wiggler (Just got it!)