Is Lou Barlow an underdog?

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Mighty_Zoltan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Is Lou Barlow an underdog?

Post by Mighty_Zoltan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:57 am

Actually just to add.... I don't know if I could decide between "Your living..." era Dino and Eric Gaffney "Sebadoh vs Helmet"/"Bubble sand Scrape" Era Sebadoh as my favourite band out of the two. I have bajillions of records by both bands and all of Lous solo cassettes etc. Love it all. Not so into Dino after Bug / The Wagon times though. Post Lou it just became (Indie) Classic rock to me with endless guitar wankery.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:41 pm

So the album I was unimpressed by at age 18 was apparently Sentridoh - Losers. A brief scan through the tracks tells me it still may not be my style, but I admit it’s not as bad as I remembered.

I also haven’t gotten into much ‘new’ post-Fog Mascis material. I was compelled to get I Bet on Sky on vinyl but in the end it didn’t impress me much; very infrequent spin. But there is some of The Fog I appreciate, and the Dinosaur Jr. albums through about Hand it Over are forever amazing.
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Mighty_Zoltan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mighty_Zoltan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Yeah Losers is not a good place to start for non fans! Sebadoh 3, smash your head on the punk rock, bubble and scrape and bakesale would probably be the best to start with.