Hello from the Home of the Hamburger, WI

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
topdeadcenter
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from the Home of the Hamburger, WI

Post by topdeadcenter » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:31 am

Hello everyone,

I joined this group because it looks like it is full of good people with a bunch of knowledge on Jaguars. I have to admit that I don't own one yet, but I am working on a deal that may net a Jaguar HH Special Edition and a Jaguarillo. I have some questions about both, but I will put them in the proper place (because I read the rules :) )

I am not new to guitars. Been strumming since I was 15/16 (now in early 40's), but have not played seriously in about 20 years. Just got the urge to get back into it recently and now that I have way more funds than I did when I was in college, I figured I would get a Jaguar. Mostly because I have always loved the shape, a ton of guitarists in bands I really like play them, and because I have a hard time doing anything "the easy way". What I mean by that is buying a Strat would be easy. Finding parts to mod a strat would be easy. Having a strat in general would be easy. I have owned a couple strats in my life and they were ok, but they always left me wanting something different.

Well that was way too much information for a first date, so I will sign off for now. I am looking forward to picking all of your brains regarding my upcoming purchase.

Mike

zakmaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from the Home of the Hamburger, WI

Post by zakmaster » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:07 am

Good luck on your Jaguar purchase. You certainly came to the right place for knowledge. You will find many experts here, and if you search past threads, you will probably learn most of what you need to know. I am constantly amazed how much information can be found here.

Now, the real point of my post. Where is the home of the hamburger?

jamietay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jamietay » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:53 am

:?
can i scream?

topdeadcenter
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by topdeadcenter » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:47 am

Thanks! The home of the hamburger is in Seymour, WI. It is a tiny town just west of Green Bay, WI. A lot of places claim to have invented the hamburger, but we have actual documentation to back up our claim. Look it up :)

I tried the search feature, but it doesn't like two letter search terms (HH, SE) so it was pretty frustrating.

Thanks again for the welcome!

zakmaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by zakmaster » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:01 pm

topdeadcenter wrote:Thanks! The home of the hamburger is in Seymour, WI. It is a tiny town just west of Green Bay, WI. A lot of places claim to have invented the hamburger, but we have actual documentation to back up our claim. Look it up

I tried the search feature, but it doesn't like two letter search terms (HH, SE) so it was pretty frustrating.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Cool story. So Wisconsin can claim the Hamburger and Les Paul. Take that Minnesota.

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:21 am

I thought this place was the home of the hamburger

relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...