Hello from Tallahassee, FL

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Jeff_G
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Tallahassee, FL

Post by Jeff_G » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Hey everyone! I can't believe I just recently found out about this forum but better late than never, right?!

I actually never considered myself into offsets as a category but now that I have one, I love it. My path getting here was a little roundabout and it started with trying to find a builder who made a LP Jr. style guitar. I wasn't opposed to Gibsons, but just hadn't ever played one that I liked (for a variety of reasons). I did some internet search but wasn't turning much up. You all know that the gear world is filled with a zillion LP and Tele alternatives, but hardly anything met my criteria: single P90 in the bridge, wraptail bridge, set neck, 24 3/4 scale, and relatively lightweight. Someone recommended Kauer and it seemed like a Daylighter Jr. would tick all those boxes but I couldn't afford a new one.

After about six months of looking for a used one, I spotted this one on CME's website. I called and bought it without having played it. I was a little nervous because I'd never gotten a guitar online but I eased my anxiety by reading glowing reviews from just about everyone who has one on various forums. But as soon as I got it and plugged it in I knew I'd made the right choice. It's easily my favorite guitar and after having looked at it on me, I think the offset vibe it has is awesome. Everyone compliments me on how cool it looks. I can't wait until I can buy a brand new Kauer from Doug to support such an excellent builder (and have another excellent guitar!).

(This is the pic from CME. They take better ones than I do.)

dougk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from Tallahassee, FL

Post by dougk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:27 am

That's fantastic! We just did namm and I can't believe how many people came up to us and told us how much they loved their daylighter Jrs specifically. Thanks again and enjoy it!