New user, new guitar day!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Hellopike
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

New user, new guitar day!

Post by Hellopike » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:47 am

Hey everybody, I'm new here. I'm just a super amateur player who picked up the guitar a little more than a year ago as a hobby. I tried as a teenager and it never took off, but as I'm leaving my thirties I've got more patience to learn. (And the internet doesn't hurt either.)

I'm mainly into rock and roll and some metal as far as musical tastes go. I've mainly been a Telecaster player. Had one as a teen because of Eddie vedder of Pearl Jam, and because my father played a Strat (and I had to be different.)

Anyways I picked up a Fender Pawnshop Super-Sonic from CL yesterday and it's my first shortscale guitar and offset... its neat- it's the orange flake finish. Like new. The previous owner still had all the case candy and tremolo arm in a sealed bag from when he bought it new in 2012 or so. I'm having some minor issues with the volumes dropping in the bridge pickup setting, I posted in the tech/setup sub-forum hoping someone more familiar with this guitar can offer some insight.

I've lurked around this forum a bit in the past, but honestly never much more than to look at the pics of customized guitars. That said I'm going to dive in. It's quite a different vibe than TDPRI, I'll give you that. Feels a little younger, a little less conventional and a lot less... "rural" I guess you could say.

Here's some pics of my two main guitars-

My silverburst Telecaster. I've re-wired it so the stock bridge sees 250k tone pot, and the neck (a rose pickup T90) to "see" 500k. I changed the control plate to a slanted Glendale plate with a chrome switch tip. It growls. No twang. :)

The new Super-Sonic

ifallalot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New user, new guitar day!

Post by ifallalot » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:34 am

I've been wanting a Super Sonic since it came out. HNGD

And if you cuss here they won't delete your posts like they do on TDPRI :D

Hellopike
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Hellopike » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:49 am

ifallalot wrote:I've been wanting a Super Sonic since it came out. HNGD

And if you cuss here they won't delete your posts like they do on TDPRI

Thanks! It really was a spur of the moment purchase, it had been listed for a little over two weeks before I contacted the seller. I had to sell a few items first to make sure I had the cash. Then he accepted my offer and it was done. But I gotta slow down. I bought a Squier '51 two weeks ago as a project, but I couldn't pass up the super-sonic.

Also- fart damn ass bitch!

PixMix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PixMix » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 am

Welcome and thanks for sharing the photo of the Super Sonic. Nice find there!

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:04 am

Cool wiring trick on the Tele.

saxjag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by saxjag » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:18 am

Hellopike wrote:Also- fart damn ass bitch!
You'll fit in here just fine.

(Just remember to try the Search function before asking rudimentary questions. & it's not necessary to quote the entire previous post when you respond. This has been a public service announcement.)

Hellopike
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Hellopike » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:57 am

saxjag wrote: (Just remember to try the Search function before asking rudimentary questions. & it's not necessary to quote the entire previous post when you respond. This has been a public service announcement.)

Not for nothing, but the "public service announcement" sounds a lot like TDPRI. I did use the search option, and I read just about every thread that included "super-sonic" ( I skipped the ones dealing with the amp of the same name) and didn't come up with anything. I guess I could've searched for "volume" or "wiring" and come up with several hundred hits to wade through but I thought it might be quicker to ask a rudimentary question. And you're gonna bag on me for quoting an entire message that was exactly *two* lines long? ::) Are you being charged by the character or something?

markblack77
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by markblack77 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:02 am

that supersonic is impressive