Hello

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
joeyfivecents
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello

Post by joeyfivecents » Sun May 28, 2017 10:55 am

I'm new here as a registered user but was a lurker for a few years. I used to have a Classic Player Jaguar and Classic Player Jazzmaster. Sold them both a few years ago because I needed cash. About a month ago I acquired an interesting guitar that I first saw on this forum. It is a mid sixties Elk Deluxe with a MIJ 69 reissue Mustang neck. The body is cream colored (maybe it used to be white) and the headstock is blue. It is a total frankenstein guitar but it's actually the best playing guitar I've ever owned. As soon as I can figure how to post pictures on here, I'll show it off. I recently bought a Mastery bridge but have yet to put it on. Right now, it has the graphtec saddles but they will be gone soon (they seem to cut the sustain). The Elk is made of mahogany so it's pretty heavy. I also have another frankenstein-type jaguar: The neck is a MIJ 69 reissue competition Mustang neck (I bought it because I love the feel of it after playing the Elk/Mustang-it's very thin). The body and electronics are from a Squire Vintage Modified Jaguar. I installed a Mustang bridge too. So I guess that's my thing: Jaguars with thin Mustang necks. The pickups actually sound pretty decent to my ears. This is my backup/slide guitar. I run these through a pedalboard which includes a tuner, Boss CS-2 compressor, RAT 2, Basic Audio Tri/Ram Muff, Source Audio Nemesis Delay, Ditto looper, Boss PN-2 tremolo/pan, Whirlwind phaser, MXR Carbon Copy delay, MXR micro amp, Vox wah, expression pedal for Nemesis delay, and Ernie Ball pan/volume pedal- this pans between a Fender 65 reissue Deluxe Reverb (or a mid-seventies MusicMan HD130 head into a Mesa 1x12 cab) and a Marshall Class 5 amp. All in all, it's a nice, versatile little setup and it sounds good with the Elk Deluxe. It's definitely a one of a kind guitar and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. Jaguars are perfect for me because I have smallish hands. Plus they just look cool. I also sometimes run all this with a Digitech Whammy and sometimes through an Elektron Octatrack sampler for looping and mangling if I'm feeling experimental. My music is at http://www.soundcloud/gradynickel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I'm looking forward to learning more about my guitars and other offset guitars. Sorry for the epic post. It said to introduce myself so, that's about all I can think of.