Greetings from the East Bay, CA

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
djw
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Greetings from the East Bay, CA

Post by djw » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi there offsetters,

Just a quick hello from a new member and newly-minted Jazzmaster enthusiast.

I'm a former 90's alt-rocker who mainly played Gibsons back in the day, now a dad/working stiff who's been compensating for not playing out much by getting to know gear a little too well.

Stylistically I've swung back and forth between noisy rock and old school R&B/funk through the years, so along with my fairly standard array of Gibsons I have a handful of various Teles and Strats. Mostly a Marshall user for the rock when I can justify the load, otherwise I've also been collecting Mesas along with a couple of blackface combos.

It finally dawned on me that I have never really given an offset a try, but some of my very favorite bands/contemporaries are heavy users (Swervedriver, Dinosaur Jr. (hi J Mascis!), Sonic Youth, etc.) so I recently started lurking here and used what I learned to determine my entry into the game would be a '60s Jazzmaster Lacquer in Surf Green.

I love it! I have lots of questions, but I am already finding my way with it and can't wait to fire it up in front of a crowd. I am guessing Mesas are generally not the typical choice of amp for this crowd (maybe I'm wrong?) but I am sort of shocked at how good it sounds with my Electra Dyne (not pictured). Holy crap!

derekstudt
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Greetings from the East Bay, CA

Post by derekstudt » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 am

Welcome to the forums!

djw
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Greetings from the East Bay, CA

Post by djw » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Thanks!