Greetings From Texas!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
loudwizard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Greetings From Texas!

Post by loudwizard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi dudes, Graham here.

I've had another account previously, but it's been so long I don't remember my username or associated email - none of the usual suspects worked.

Anyway, after a few years of playing almost nothing but acoustic, I've gotten the bug for electric guitar playing again,
and once again the glory of the Fender Jazzmaster.

Here's the current quiver!
the vintage sunburst number is sadly just a loaner.
some unused guits will soon be out the door and I'll be looking for the right refin, I think.

this guy is getting a little action, too.

and here's me looking like a proper Texan.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Greetings From Texas!

Post by Embenny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Welcome (back)!

Those are some great guitars you've got on hand. Wish I had someone lending me vintage JMs! I do have a TVL as well, as as far as a new-production JM goes, I can't fault it. Beautiful, in a different way.

Coincidentally, mine also has a Mastery. It's a great match.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

loudwizard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by loudwizard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:48 pm

It's a great pal letting me use it - I also have his Orange OR50 in house! It's a nice little diversion from my usual blackface Fenders.

And yes, I'm enjoying the TVL a lot. I replaced the vibrato unit with a Mastery this week as well - great upgrade. It's the only thing I've tried that feels as solid as a vintage vibrato.

Cheers!

nanamour
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nanamour » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Welcome, that's some chum letting you babysit that caliber of gear!

How're you getting along with the El Hombre? That sage/ice green metallic is a really underused color; I refinished my Bass VI in something not too dissimilar a little ways back.

Oh, and whereabouts in Texas are you? The pavers in the background of that pic are telling me Beaumont, but...? :ph34r:

loudwizard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by loudwizard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:08 pm

nanamour wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:04 pm
Welcome, that's some chum letting you babysit that caliber of gear!

How're you getting along with the El Hombre? That sage/ice green metallic is a really underused color; I refinished my Bass VI in something not too dissimilar a little ways back.

Oh, and whereabouts in Texas are you? The pavers in the background of that pic are telling me Beaumont, but...? :ph34r:
he's indeed the best pal a dude could have.

thanks, Jake!

the Hombre is super cool, but I think I'm going to have to break down and put a Bigsby on it. I just always miss having a vibrato when I pick it up.
The Lollar Firebird pickups in it are KILLER, and it plays great.

and good eye! yep, I'm a Beaumont, TX resident. :bored: