Thanks for having me!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
LuffDaddy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Thanks for having me!

Post by LuffDaddy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:19 am

Hey there all you fellow offset fiends! Hahaha I'm Mike, currently hailing from Orlando, originally from the South Jersey / Philadelphia area. I'm 32 now, starting self teaching myself guitar at 14 but haven't played for almost ten years until my wife bought me a Jaguar that I've always wanted for Christmas this past year. I currently have that going into a Digitech RP360XP and then into a small Fender Mustang practice amp. I already switched out the bridge in my VMM Jaguar with a Mustang bridge and did a damn good set up on it too. She plays like a dream now! What a guitar for under $500!! Anyway, my love for offsets came from my love for Nirvana. Im really into blues and classic rock as well. I hope I didn't ramble on too much. This is the first online community I've joined in almost a decade as well. I hope to make some good friends on here! Thanks for having me!

Todd Connelly
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Thanks for having me!

Post by Todd Connelly » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Greetings and welcome. Pretty new here myself. That's a damn fine wife you have there, sounds like to me! Congrats!

I use a Digitech stomp box/processor also. A GNX3 that my brother gave me. I have it hooked to my stereo at the moment.

Cheers.........................Todd

LuffDaddy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by LuffDaddy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 am

Hey Todd thanks for the reply! She's truly the best... My wife's pretty awesome too hahaha. Effect unit through a stereo brings me back! I used to plug my old SansAmp Tri-AC into my technics rack stereo when I was younger. I got a HUGE sound from it lol what are you currently playing? I just decided I'm going to build a Mustang w/ a hot rails specifically for punk. I can't bring myself to modify my jaguar now.

Todd Connelly
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Todd Connelly » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:49 pm

I recently got a VM Jazzmaster primarily for surf stuff. Mostly inspired by Oleg (Guitaracula) Fomchenkov of Messer Chups. I'm inspired by Svetlana (Zombierella) Nagaeva, the bass player too but That's a whole other thing :whistle: !

Until I started down the offset rabbit hole I wasn't aware of the Nirvana connection. Or that Elvis Costello played a Jazzmaster. Had never heard of J. Mascis, Dinosaur Jr., Nels Cline or Sonic youth. It's broadened my horizons quite a bit.

Mostly in looking into them I heard they were quirky, hard to set up properly, much maligned ,misunderstood and I thought I'm in! Where do I sign up!?

Cheers......................Todd