New user! Hi.

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
thejupiterroom
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

New user! Hi.

Post by thejupiterroom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:04 am

Hi there,

New to the forum. I've been getting into offset guitars for about a year and have been slowly working on a project Jazzmaster. I inherited the body and a non fender(but great) neck from a friend who was moving to the US from the UK. I put it together and slung in some old single coils from a strat I had laying around and immediately fell in love with the feel of it. I haven't picked up any of my other guitars since.

I'm officially hooked on offsets.

The guitar itself is a weird blend of a Jazzmaster a Jaguar and a strat - I call it the Junk master. I'm looking at making it more like a Jazzmaster. Love the sound of vintage JM pickups and am looking at different options. Will probably not bother with the rhythm circuit as it's not really needed for my type of playing. Also wondering about getting a roller bridge as well. Looking forward to getting into the forum and asking lots of annoying questions.

postpostrock
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New user! Hi.

Post by postpostrock » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Welcome. I'm new here as well.
If you're looking for bridge options, I recommend the Mastery. It's pricey, but I have loved mine.