Heyo from Grand Forks, ND

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
BarnyardCoral
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Heyo from Grand Forks, ND

Post by BarnyardCoral » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:43 am

Hey folks, just checking in for the first time. I got back into electric guitar in spring after nearly a decade away from it. After many hours of reading, watching YT vids, and going down to the local guitar shop, I fell in love with the Jazzmaster. Not many pickups sound better than Vintage 65s to my ears. To my utter delight, I found a guy who was willing to trade his CP JM for my Super-Sonic 22 and I couldn't turn it down. This was about the only guitar I was willing to trade for my SS22. Now I'm the happy owner of a black 2013 CP JM.

I plan to swap out the stock pups for 65s and rewire the rhythm/lead switch for a series/parallel switch with treble/bass tone knobs. I've also sanded down the neck to bare wood and applied a few coats of Minwax Tung Oil Finish for that fast, silky smooth feel.
And I will be the one to hold Larry Csonka down, kiss him so hard, I'll take Larry Csonka's breath away...
*Scheckenbacker on TGP