Hi there! I don't currently own an offset...

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
ragamuffin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Hi there! I don't currently own an offset...

Post by ragamuffin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:07 am

This forum looks like an awesome resource for info on offsets; I don't currently own an offset (sad), but I'm looking to change that.

My first "nice guitar" was a Gibson Firebird; it was love at first sight with the looks, and later with the mini-hum pickups. That's where I found that my preferred pickup sounds are the ones that fall somewhere in between your classic "Gibson humbucker" and "Fender single -coil". I built myself an awesome partscaster (tele shaped with p90s) and it replaced the Firebird as my main guitar. I ended up selling my Firebird (kind wish I hadn't, but hey) to fund a better amp/pedals/equipment, which admittedly has served me quite well. Now that my amps/effects situation is pretty under control I've been thinking about building myself a second parts guitar: something curvy (like my old Firebird), 25.5 scale length (I've found I prefer it in general), with a bolt-on neck (so I can easily order a nice neck to put on the body), and possibly with a tremolo system (I would like the ability to change that if I decide I don't use the trem)... So I'm thinking that sounds kind of like a Jazzmaster! I guess we'll see where that goes.

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi there! I don't currently own an offset...

Post by jakeisjake » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:47 am

welcome to the board! :)
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...