My first offset

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
rze99
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

My first offset

Post by rze99 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:39 am

Hi
I'm in my mid 50s. Played guitar since I was 12. I have loads of guitars and I make them too.
But I have never before owned an offset. Why? I suppose a bunch of factors but mostly been happy with my Teles, Les Paul, ES335, Gretshes and Rickenbackers. Anyway I've been planning to build one forever but keep being put off by the complex electronics. But I finally just bought one. Incoming, a Fender American Original '60s Jazzmaster, Rosewood Fingerboard in Ocean Turquoise, a store ex-demonstrator so a couple of hundred quid cheaper. ;) Seems maybe the closest to what I would build. I might try a vintage light mint guard on it too for a change of shirt once in a while.

Anyone here own one and change theirs?

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: My first offset

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:54 am

Welcome. Those are great guitars. Like you mentioned the pickguard is the only thing I would change.

Ebay seller fenderparts does a few different kinds of white guards with vintage-style 45 degree bevel. That’s probably what I’d go for.