Hello from Scotland

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Incredibledisc
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Scotland

Post by Incredibledisc » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am

Hi all,
New member but have lurked without an account for a while after becoming interested in offsets and started doing a bit of research.

Been playing guitar for over 30 (that doesn’t mean I’m any good though ;D ) and have suffered the pain of being a lefty for all that time and watched with no small degree of envy as my right handed friends revelled in the luxury of having a huge choice of models and colours to pick from while I made do with whatever slender pickings I could find.

I think as a player I’m attracted to guitars that are a little different from the mainstream. While I have a CV Strat, CV Tele and Epi Les Paul, my Main guitar is my Rickenbacker 360/12.

For whatever reasons I find myself longing for an offset to add to the collection. I really like the look of the Fender Jaguar (CAR with matching headstock would be the dream) but can see these are like hen’s teeth at the moment so I’m toying with the idea of getting one of the new new CV Jazzmasters (guess it will be the white one because, hey, that’s the only option you get if you’re a lefty)

Anyway, it’s nice to be here. I’ve learned quite a bit from browsing threads already and look forward to hanging out and talking about our shared love of guitars.

apache snow
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by apache snow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Welcome from middle Tennessee. Yeah I have a couple of Rickenbackers my self.

Incredibledisc
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Incredibledisc » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Thanks for your reply. I like my Ricky a lot, they are a bit idiosyncratic which is maybe why they never quite achieved the popularity of Fender and Gibson guitars despite the Beatles/Who/Jam connection.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:07 am

Welcome aboard from a fellow Scottish 360/12 player. You'll find plenty of Rickenbacker love here....and a fair few Scotsmen an' a'.

Incredibledisc
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Incredibledisc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:30 am

Cheers min. Lang may yer lum reek an a’ that. ;D

Possibly a topic for another thread but do you use your Ricky for the Classic 60s jangle sound or have you been a bit more adventurous? I used to play in a band where I ran mine through all sorts of weird and wonderful effects. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Byrds et al but I’ve never quite nailed that sound and think a lot of people just can’t see past using them for it.