Hello from the east coast!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
thirtydirtybirds
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from the east coast!

Post by thirtydirtybirds » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Hey folks! I joined a while ago to learn about offsets, and finally got my hands on one. I’ve been playing since I was 12 or so, back in about 1994 or so. My folks got me a black bullet strat and amp Squier starter package for Christmas and I’ve been playing music ever since. I also got a photo encyclopedia of electric guitars and basses by George Gruhn, I believe, a few years later. In that book was my first look at a jazzmaster and I have wanted one ever since. I ended up switching to bass to play in a band, and put my want for a jazzy in the back of my mind while I pushed the low end, but the band broke up and now I’m back playing 6 strings again.

I recently lucked in to a J Mascis Squier at Atomic Music in Beltsville, MD. First Jazzmaster I’ve seen in the wild in quite some time, except the vintage ones they have on occasion. With a kid on the way, and a healthy amount of store credit, the squier price was just right. As lots of you probably know these Mascis squirts play better than what they charge for them. I’m happy with it as is, but I’m sure I’ll make a few changes. Once my amp gets out of the shop I can really dig in with it, but for now it’s the new JM into a pignose on the couch, and I couldn’t be happier.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from the east coast!

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Welcome to the site!
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.