Hello! Canadian, late to arrive here. Sorry.

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Buddy Bing
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello! Canadian, late to arrive here. Sorry.

Post by Buddy Bing » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:28 am

I encountered this site many times in my search for guitar information and opinion. I noticed a lack of enmity. Nice!

l am going through a series of builds to use up my inventory of parts and supplies. I don't know how much longer I'll have the luxury of a workspace and I'm not very young. I have a leftovers project on the bench, at the moment. It's composed of castoffs mostly, a broken body (90s Squier Duo Sonic) and a neck (Affinity Strat) that was replaced. I'm putting a Kay Pancake in neck position for Musicmaster configuration. It's a soft very light red. The shade is called Ballet Slipper but the reference is obscure to me?

I did some things that are a departure for me, like a body colored headstock and an attempt to make a pickguard. It's had some obstacles! My other recent builds are a Strat shaped single with an Alumatone for slide and a couple of Stratocasters. These are mostly Squier based. I have Fenders but I just maintain them, l don't mod them much. Oh, I almost forgot to mention a baritone conversion on a plywood strat and 22 inch Mustang neck on a Kent Polaris.

I met a famous guy decades ago and he gushed over some pickups he'd bought from a certain Mr. Bill Lawrence. I was unfamiliar and understood most terms but I'd never measured in henries or thought about capacitance. After a humbling talk he gave me a spare he had on the bus. I didn't get it installed for some time. It was the primitive era when we sought information in books and like minded people were glimpsed briefly intersecting at shops or shows. I still use Becky's stuff, every chance I get.

My upcoming, final assemblies will be apine bodied Tele with a 70s WRHB and a Fender replacement parts stratocaster with Bootstrap Oatmeal Stouts.

That's all I know. Thanks for having me along!

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello! Canadian, late to arrive here. Sorry.

Post by BoringPostcards » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Welcome to OSG!! Fellow Canadian here.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.