Greetings from Germany

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
SonicJazz
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Greetings from Germany

Post by SonicJazz » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:03 am

Hello everyone! :)

I'm from a small town in northern Germany and proud owner of three offset guitars.

In 45 years as a guitarist I never owned any LP, Tele or Strat shaped model. My first electric was a Japanese brand Vantage VS 650. As a youth I couldn't afford a "cool" Fender. Unless living in a big city you had little choice in your local music shops back then. Probably the Vantage was a well built guitar. But it fell totally out of my style and I felt ashamed by its looks (double cut, bright natural finish, 2HB). Had to stick to it throughout most of the 80's though.
Later on there came some vintage and new semi hollows as well as an Epiphone jazz box. Also I have a couple of Danelectros from the 2000's.
But my main axe for 15 years or so is my Fender Jazzmaster, the made in Japan J Mascis model. Chose it solely for the looks: purple sparkle with matching headstock! Don't bother that signature. In fact I know little about the man himself, although I liked a couple of Dinosaur Jr tracks when they came out.
Grown up with "new wave", "indie" and "alternative" music styles (besides others) from the late 70's into the 90's one of my favourite bands has always been Sonic Youth. Additionally I'm pretty much involved with jazz. [See the pun in my user name :P ] I'm also a fan of funk and groovy soul records from the sixties and seventies :fro: I like old school sounds from the surf, beat, garage and psychedelic eras, easy listening of the more adventurous breed and creative noise making.

Appreciate the knowledge and love for the instruments on this forum. I've been checking in every now and then for years. The recent acquisition of two more offset guitars - another Jazzmaster and my first Jaguar - was crucial for my decision to register at last.

Cheers

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Re: Greetings from Germany

Post by Telliot » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:19 am

Willkommen im Forum! Ich denke, Sie werden OSG als freundlich und voller Menschen mit viel Erfahrung und Wissen empfinden. :)
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

SonicJazz
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SonicJazz » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:58 am

Thanks for your appreciative and friendly welcome. Yes, I'm sure to meet nice people here. And get some expert advice too. Can't promise that my limited knowledge will be of significant use though.

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Post by Telliot » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:08 pm

It certainly isn’t a prerequisite ;)
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:39 am

Willkommen und Gruß aus Köln! :)
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

SonicJazz
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SonicJazz » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:10 pm

Pacafeliz wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:39 am
Danke! Habe gestern deine Gig-Fotos gesehen: Interessantes Line-up mit den Electronics (sampling, dj-ing, noise?). Bin neugierig, wie das klingt.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:28 pm

SonicJazz wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:10 pm
Pacafeliz wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:39 am
Danke! Habe gestern deine Gig-Fotos gesehen: Interessantes Line-up mit den Electronics (sampling, dj-ing, noise?). Bin neugierig, wie das klingt.
;D gerne doch! Hier geht's lang:

https://told1.bandcamp.com/album/do-we- ... this-fight
(sind auch auf Spotify etc. zu finden)

Hoffe, es enttäuscht nicht... ;)
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.