yeah uhhm hi i guess

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Lua
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

yeah uhhm hi i guess

Post by Lua » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:26 am

so I'm reading at this forum for quiet a long time, but as Im you know that kind of person who gets registered in forums it took me sometime... *g* this sounds like telling a girl that you usually don't take her home to you aftert the first date... wahtever... uhhmmm
so i'm 20 years and live in berlin, germany. at the moment i try or pretend to be a fulltime musician what means that im horrible broke live together with my band in one flat drink quiet a lot and never get up before 1 o'clock... i like it pretty much... well don't know what to say... music i like, my gear and stuff i think i'll just post in the threads then?
so long...
...and i passed the cow and the cow was brown...

mjet
Expat
Expat

Re: yeah uhhm hi i guess

Post by mjet » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:36 am

Welcome, Lua. Several German members here and I'm in Prague so I make it up to Berlin sometimes for shows. Quite a lovely city you have there. What's your band's name? Do you ever play out of Berlin?
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

rickenmetal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rickenmetal » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:45 am

I wish I lived in Berlin. At least you have lots of places to play there, as for making money out of it, you'd be surprised how many very famous bands don't actually live off of it.

Lua
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lua » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 am

My band is called Brot und Spiele ( www.myspace.com/frissmich )and we toured a bit around Germany in summer and played araound 15 shows. It was pretty difficult cause we organised it by ourselves and aren't that good at stuff like that... we drove like 600 km between every show because we just didn't think about maybe getting a lillte "route" or something cause we were so happy getting shows... yeah next time we know better... hope to have another tour in january/february

@rickenmetal: are you from Germany? Berlin is a great city of course but there are some negative side effects of this,too. Because it'S known as such a big creative pool or whatever, lots of people and venues have a really cocky attitude just for the fact "beeing from berlin". We played some shows round here and were treated like shit. people make you believe that should feel honored beeing allowed to step foot into their super "in" place... but that's just some venues... most are great... love the city ;)

rickenmetal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rickenmetal » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:07 am

No, I am not from Germany, maybe I will move to Berlin someday.

I am sure there are some crappy clubs, in fact the clubs seem more commercial than in Prague, for example (not saying that there aren't many places to play there if you know the city). But my point was there are many more places to play than in some city which has just a few clubs and in a bigger city with a lot of good clubs you could play weekly if you really want, which isn't really enough to live off of considering you have to split the money with different band members, o.k. Berlin is kind of cheap, it seems to be getting more expensive from what I heard.

-Philipp-
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by -Philipp- » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:38 am

yeah ! another Berliner around here !  :)
Lua wrote: people make you believe that should feel honored beeing allowed to step foot into their super "in" place... but that's just some venues... most are great... love the city ;)
I have experienced exactly the same though we gig not often... All in all I think there are better places to live, but the musicscene is one of the best in germany...

Lua
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lua » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:30 am

so what clubs have you been playing yet? last show in berlin was knaack, that sucked... before that we played schokoladen and it was brilliant, people there were so nice the crowd fantastic and beeing in the band gin tonic for 1€, it was a great evening ;)

BlixaFan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BlixaFan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:27 pm

hey! willkommen! :)
i love your city! i've never had the opportunity to live or gig there, but did visit for about 9 days, and was not disappointed!
im listening to your myspace ,and i like what i hear. looks like we listen to a lot of the same stuff (Radiohead, Einstürzende Neubauten, Nick Cave, Hendrix, Frusciante, RHCP)