Fernandes Native worshipper

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
damnedcat777
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Fernandes Native worshipper

Post by damnedcat777 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:01 pm

I just got my 3rd Fernandes Native (the ULTIMATE offset gtr) and this is the Holy Grail of Natives. The pots all say "250k Made In Japan" - it has 2 HOT P90s (stock), the pickguard is 3 play black, it's basically a strat the way it feels, the serial number is stamped into the back of the headstock (not printed on a Made in Japan sticker on the headstock back), it's black w/ the front of the headstock in matching black, it has 2 volumes and 1 tone, and I LOVE IT!!! Does anyone know how to date these? Is this one Japanese or could it be one of their Made in No Hollywood Nativ es I've heard about (very hard to find, or so I've read)? ANYONE know about these? Anyone love them as much as I do? HELP ME DATE this guitar~!!!! Where are all the Native lovers? I thought they'd be on a web site like this! HellOOOOO!?

damnedcat777
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Fernandes Native worshipper

Post by damnedcat777 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:01 pm

damnedcat777
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by damnedcat777 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:03 pm

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Welcome aboard. I used to have a Native myself, but it was everything yours isn't (humbuckers, single ply scratchplate, cheap electronics, not MIJ). Don't think you'll find much agreement that they're the ultimate offset guitars on here, irrespective of relative quality, but it takes all kinds....
Last edited by UlricvonCatalyst on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

plaid sabbath
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by plaid sabbath » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 am

Never saw one of those until a guy sent me a tracing to build one. Mine turned out like the mutant offspring of a three-way between a Tele, JM and a Firebird. :blush:

damnedcat777
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by damnedcat777 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Oh, I LOVE that gtr! Send more pics! That's exactly WHY I like the Native; it's a strat, its a Tele, it's a 'Paul!!! I was thinking about having something built just LIKE a Native, but then when I got the real thing for $275, shipped?! Found out from fernandes that they only made this gtr in '98, fer that year alone. mine was made in korea. they might've also been made in Taiwain. the ones w/ engraved serial numbers on the back of the headstock (like mine) are korean. the ones w/ sticker serial numbers on the headstock are the lesser quality Tawainese. Evidently, fiding one like mine w/ a black headstock and all-black body/pickguard/knobs/etc are kinda rare. Either way, send me pics, bro! My email is damnedcat777@yahoo.com. cheers!

damnedcat777
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by damnedcat777 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:24 am

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Owner\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\Canon%20pics\2011_12_17[/img]

damnedcat777
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by damnedcat777 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:55 am

Without a doubt the BEST upgrade so far has been this full contact bridge AND the hand wound SIN P90's I won on ebay (they're a relatively new start up, got 'em dirt cheap!). These P90's areamazing! The best P90's I've ever heard, and I've had 'em all; my last fave was the Rio Grande Fat Bastards. The SIN's just BURY the RG's. And the full contact bridge is awesome, however; I'm still getting string hold-up somewhere, which makes staying in tune not so easy. Think it's the string retainer on the headboard, but don't know fer sure. Sure wish I could resolve the issue. Cuz then this would be the my fave guitar. Now it's 3rd, right behind my Edwards 2005 Les Paul '59 reissue (incredible!) & my 2008 ESP Viper (white w/ gold metal; swapped out the SD humbuckers fer a set of active EMG's - like all the other Vipers). Gota love thisNative, just wish the stringswouldn't hang up; whereever they're hanging up...

ChristheRat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChristheRat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:37 am

damnedcat777 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:01 pm
I just got my 3rd Fernandes Native (the ULTIMATE offset gtr) and this is the Holy Grail of Natives. The pots all say "250k Made In Japan" - it has 2 HOT P90s (stock), the pickguard is 3 play black, it's basically a strat the way it feels, the serial number is stamped into the back of the headstock (not printed on a Made in Japan sticker on the headstock back), it's black w/ the front of the headstock in matching black, it has 2 volumes and 1 tone, and I LOVE IT!!! Does anyone know how to date these? Is this one Japanese or could it be one of their Made in No Hollywood Nativ es I've heard about (very hard to find, or so I've read)? ANYONE know about these? Anyone love them as much as I do? HELP ME DATE this guitar~!!!! Where are all the Native lovers? I thought they'd be on a web site like this! HellOOOOO!?
Just started looking into these! Cannot find any info on these though, but def suuuuper cool guitars
Things are more like they are now, then they ever have been.