My offset design

Got questions or suggestions? Want to show the world your dressing room creations? Post 'em here!
FightingPlankton
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

My offset design

Post by FightingPlankton » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:19 pm

So i took some of my favorite guitars and added them together. I started with the Fernandes vertigo crossed with a lefty jag, then added in bits from the ibanez darkstone/iceman and the gibson firebird. then i decided i wanted Nighthawk style pickups and stop tail bridge. I know its not for everyone, but I dig it.

What is acoustic? Oh, you means a grandpa's guitars? A grandpa's guitars? That's for pussies and grandpas. I think you know it.

galacticzebra
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: My offset design

Post by galacticzebra » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:18 pm

I love it! It looks... right. the shape looks very natural. can't say i'd rock it myself, but neverless this is a sweet design. I'd love to see this actually made

hhhehehe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: My offset design

Post by hhhehehe » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:08 pm

On the whole I like it (I'm a sucker for Firebird type raised center guitars) but I think the "duck tail" sort of ruins it. That feature always struck me as something tacky they did for the sake of being original, but maybe it's just me. I'd prefer a smooth transition:

Oh, and I don't know if they make them like that, but you should put in a lefty version of the offset bridge pickup they use on some Nighthawks! :w00t:
• There are two kinds of people in this world; those who say disco is dead, and those who got ~mad moves~ •