My first Bona Fide Remix

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
Marc
Expat
Expat

My first Bona Fide Remix

Post by Marc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:30 am

I took a long break from music over the past 6 years or so... personal issues and financial issues took me on a long journey in and out of work and all around the UK. I've lost count of how many times I moved.

Anyway - things are more stable now and I recently took on my first commercial remix. My timing is good as it actually took me two years to get my ass in gear and make a start but it has worked out with release schedule of Hanna's album. She has picked up BBC Radio 6 and Radio 2 play (Housewives Choice I said which she didn't find very funny :P ) This was originally a ballad running at 90bpm - I took it into 70's disco pop. Pretty pleased with the result -

This is the first time I have used side-chain and ducking techniques on the compression and I have to say I wish I had done so years ago - I side chained the kick drum to the bass guitar and the keyboard stem to the vocal. It really does work. I also used high pass filters on every track bar the kick drum - it's amazing when you run say a shaker through an analyzer and find there is all this bottom end mud ruining other stuff...

anyway enjoy - probably not your typical offsetter muzik... but it's what I am up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhne-bB ... LQ&index=1