Show us your pianos!

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Re: Show us your pianos!

Post by Orang Goreng » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:38 pm

noisepunk wrote: I guess your comment just came across as more of a ":wtf: Pianos and Organs are not even remotely the same thing, your wrong for thinking that!"
Well, yeah, that's still true, of course ;). The only similarity is the outer appearance of the keys. But the playing technique and the architecture of the instruments have nothing to do with each other. Unless you go digital, but digital pianos and organs are really just synths with fancy names and prices. A virtuoso organist who's never played a piano will suck ass on piano, simply because the technique is completely different.
noisepunk wrote: Find me a synth that sounds like a piano and I'll be quite amazed ;)
Roland's RD1000 and RD300 were among the first solid-sounding digital pianos; the sound generation was fully sampled/synthesised, but the keyboards were proper piano keyboards. Quite a breakthrough for the 80s; those things still sound good today. THios one's pretty ace too: http://www.opensound.com/proaudio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

andy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 pm

crazyzeke wrote:
andy wrote:not the most direct photo but here's my piano
It's from 1893 and made in Canada
Wow. I love that lounge. Did you pick all the pieces in it?

Anyone with a real piano in their house, a proper upright bigger than a spinnet, is damn lucky. When I moved into my place the landlord had a piano in the downstairs "activity room" which later became part of his flat when renovated. It was out of tune and I was going to get it tuned, but then his wife moved in and he just got rid of it. As it turns out, he should have kept the piano and got rid of the wife. :D

That Ludwig on the first page is a goddamn BEAST! Looks like a full-size, not the mid-size ones most people in England have, if they have a piano at all. A beautiful old piece.
Haha I am 18 and live with my parents, so no I didn't pick out any items :D The reason I call it "My Piano" is because i am the sole player of it :D before I learned to play it, it was decoration.
Send me western swing vids

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:46 am

What is a good price for a Fender Rhodes these days? I was in a shop yesterday and they had several from $900-1300 depending on year and condition. They also had some tiny kids pianos like the one I had when I was 2...almost picked one up for old times sake! Plinky-Plink-Plinkity-Plink!