Anyone roll a Phatty?

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Anyone roll a Phatty?

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:31 pm

I would like an analog synth and I really dig Moog. I know most synth guys really prefer the Voyager over the Little Phatty, but I just need a simple set up with some knobs and nice filters. The Phatty is also what, 1/3 the price? That suits my budget better too!

So, is the Phatty a lame attempt at capitalizing on the Moog name or is it legit? Would I be better off getting a few Moog pedals for the same price and running my guitar or Roland keyboard through them for some Moog flavor?

Stereordinary
Expat
Expat

Re: Anyone roll a Phatty?

Post by Stereordinary » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:27 pm

That Phatty is all that and a bag of chips. Seriously, you can't go wrong getting one of those.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:58 am

Cool. It seemed pretty compact and well layed out when I got to noodle around one and the sounds seemed easy to find and pretty deep.
All the synth guys seem to drool over all the extra features on the Voyager, but I think the Phatty is enough for my needs. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being swayed by the pretty lights!

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:38 am

I love mine.

"Little Phatty" tweaked "theremin" patch.

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

arturo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by arturo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:14 pm

my good friend of mine works for Moog and bought a little phatty he digs it a lot...legit