Offset Family Photo

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
User avatar
otis
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1863
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by otis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:45 am

Image

left to right: 1964 Jazzmaster, 1967 Jaguar with 1970 Musicmaster II neck, 1965 Jazzmaster.
All are refins.

User avatar
gringopig
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by gringopig » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am

Awesome trio there and I love the colour of the '67!!

User avatar
otis
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1863
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by otis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 pm

gringopig wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am
Awesome trio there and I love the colour of the '67!!
Thanks!
The CAR en BMM are refinned by Rexter. they're both beautifully done!

User avatar
blackbox
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by blackbox » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Hey BT, I'm in the market for a Bass VI. Curious how you would compare the older Mark I versions with the later four switch versions with updated pickups.

User avatar
Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2002
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by Mechanical Birds » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:38 pm

Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 pm
Inca Silver, American Standard Jazz Bass, 1997
Seafoam Green, Custom Shop Jazz Bass, 2009
Olympic White, Jazz Bass, 1978
Sunburst, CIJ Jaguar Baritone Custom, 2006
Mocha(?), Starcaster, 1978
Sunburst, Jazzmaster, 1978
Ice Blue Metallic, AVRI Jazzmaster (w/ Novak JM-WR), 2002

Image
That poor Starcaster headstock! What the fuck is wrong with people? Genuinely, who sees a German carve on literally anything and just decides “this would be cool without that feature”? I hope you got a really good deal on this thing cuz it’s rad otherwise.

God damn so many crimes against amazing old guitars. Maybe some dickhead 50 years from now will see my lipstick Squier Jag and think the same thing.

User avatar
blackbox
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by blackbox » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Image

1961 Bass VI
1964 Jag
1965 Mustang
1966 JM
Danocaster Jaguar

User avatar
windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2699
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:31 am
Location: South Eastern Australia

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by windmill » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:57 am

blackbox wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 pm
Image

1961 Bass VI
1964 Jag
1965 Mustang
1966 JM
Danocaster Jaguar
That is a nice collection

It would be a hard decision choosing which one to play each day

:)

User avatar
simonhpieman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 am

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by simonhpieman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Mechanical Birds wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:38 pm
Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 pm
Inca Silver, American Standard Jazz Bass, 1997
Seafoam Green, Custom Shop Jazz Bass, 2009
Olympic White, Jazz Bass, 1978
Sunburst, CIJ Jaguar Baritone Custom, 2006
Mocha(?), Starcaster, 1978
Sunburst, Jazzmaster, 1978
Ice Blue Metallic, AVRI Jazzmaster (w/ Novak JM-WR), 2002

Image
That poor Starcaster headstock! What the fuck is wrong with people? Genuinely, who sees a German carve on literally anything and just decides “this would be cool without that feature”? I hope you got a really good deal on this thing cuz it’s rad otherwise.
I'm glad it wasn't just my eyes that popped well beyond the extremities of my skull having seen that. Especially given the Starcaster headstock is such a thing of beauty!

I'd wager it's been refinished, too, unless it's just the light.

My god I love Starcasters. I need another.

User avatar
Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2002
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by Mechanical Birds » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:04 pm

Probably the biggest guitar regret I have was not buying the White Starcaster that was priced at like, $400, at my local pawn shop because I’d never heard of it and knew a hard-to-overstate amount less about guitars and company histories than I do now. Sucks!

Insane that the cheapest used examples today are often priced significantly higher than a lot of pre-CBS Jaguars or like, probably any year/color Mustang. They’re just insanely expensive. I understand they didn’t make them for very long, so there’s definitely a certain amount of “rarity” in them, but come on.

User avatar
señormisterioso
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:35 am

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by señormisterioso » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:41 am

Image

User avatar
gringopig
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by gringopig » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 pm

OOOOH!
Identities please! Looks like a nice bunch there :-)

User avatar
señormisterioso
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:35 am

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by señormisterioso » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:02 pm

gringopig wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 pm
OOOOH!
Identities please! Looks like a nice bunch there :-)
Top Left to Right:
65' CAR, 66' Ice blue, 62' Dakota Red (The Best One), 64' Oly White, 64' CAR

Bottom:
J Mascis, Elvis Costello, Bilt Custom Surfburst, Meazzi Jupiter, 63 Bass Vi

User avatar
gringopig
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by gringopig » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 pm

señormisterioso wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:02 pm
gringopig wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 pm
OOOOH!
Identities please! Looks like a nice bunch there :-)
Top Left to Right:
65' CAR, 66' Ice blue, 62' Dakota Red (The Best One), 64' Oly White, 64' CAR

Bottom:
J Mascis, Elvis Costello, Bilt Custom Surfburst, Meazzi Jupiter, 63 Bass Vi
They all look super! I particularly like the '66. Lovely, all of them!

N0_Camping4U
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by N0_Camping4U » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:29 am

señormisterioso wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:41 am
Image
Jesus Christ! Is That a FMS Jazzmaster?
Eric Harris: I’m sorry I have so much rage, but you put it on me.

User avatar
otis
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1863
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Offset Family Photo

Post by otis » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:40 am

señormisterioso wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:41 am
Image
Nice collection!
Could you post more pictures of the '65 and '64 CAR?
I'm particularly interested in them to see the difference of the silver vs gold undercoat. They look totally different in this picture, but it might be due to the light...
Amazing Jazzmasters!

Post Reply