1966 Fender Mustang rescued from the hoarder's attic

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
RiseUndying
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: 1966 Fender Mustang rescued from the hoarder's attic

Post by RiseUndying » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:01 am

Subscribed :)
Hide your wings in a ghost tower...

debudavid
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by debudavid » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:58 am

CCOffset wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:51 am
debudavid wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:20 pm
Power drills. Why?
Ok, true confession time, I used that on purpose to get people to comment lol. I had already taken out the neck with a proper screw driver once and knew that the screws weren't tight.

Also, I also use that drill with the clutch on its loosest setting so that it slips before any damage to the screw head.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed (pardon the pun), but your reply doesn't make sense. Why would you take the original screws out with a screw driver, reinstall the neck, and then take it off again with previously loosened screws with a power drill? To save time? You can just edit the video you know.
You also say you used the power drill on purpose to click bait us into commenting. Why? It sounds very patronising and reeks of of amateur hour. That's not a good way of promoting guitars you are trying to sell.

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:08 am

debudavid wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:58 am
You also say you used the power drill on purpose to click bait us into commenting. Why? It sounds very patronising and reeks of of amateur hour.
yeah, just make good content and you'll get engagements. don't troll, spreading misinformation and bad advice.

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Come on guys ... the power drill verses screw driver is a visual issue... 1.5 sec of power drill footage (un screwing an already loosened screw) verses 5 sec of laboured hand screwing .... all for the video.

Also ... you don't think they use power drills (with clutches) in guitar factories these days?

and yes ... go to town on all the double entendres ...
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

CCOffset
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by CCOffset » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:35 pm

debudavid wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:58 am
CCOffset wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:51 am
debudavid wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:20 pm
Power drills. Why?
Ok, true confession time, I used that on purpose to get people to comment lol. I had already taken out the neck with a proper screw driver once and knew that the screws weren't tight.

Also, I also use that drill with the clutch on its loosest setting so that it slips before any damage to the screw head.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed (pardon the pun), but your reply doesn't make sense. Why would you take the original screws out with a screw driver, reinstall the neck, and then take it off again with previously loosened screws with a power drill? To save time? You can just edit the video you know.
You also say you used the power drill on purpose to click bait us into commenting. Why? It sounds very patronising and reeks of of amateur hour. That's not a good way of promoting guitars you are trying to sell.
I took the neck off for the first time a few days before this video just to check. Plus, have you used the clutch on your drill? It's very useful in this application.

And yes, it is amateur hour over here :) and I do appreciate your feedback. I wish that comments weren't very important but unfortunately the YouTube algorithm disagrees. I don't consider anything in here misinformation. I've used this drill to take many Fender necks off without incident but I normally use a screwdriver. In this case, the drill with clutch on its loosest setting was appropriate in my opinion.

Thank you very much for watching and offering honest feedback! I highly value it and will take into careful consideration.

CCOffset
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by CCOffset » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:41 pm

RiseUndying wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:01 am
Subscribed :)
Thank you! I'm very honored by your subscription. I'm excited to see where this guitar goes and hear it make music again.

CCOffset
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by CCOffset » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:01 pm

sookwinder wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:26 pm
Come on guys ... the power drill verses screw driver is a visual issue... 1.5 sec of power drill footage (un screwing an already loosened screw) verses 5 sec of laboured hand screwing .... all for the video.

Also ... you don't think they use power drills (with clutches) in guitar factories these days?

and yes ... go to town on all the double entendres ...
It's ok, I completely understand and appreciate the feedback here! Honestly, I'm tickled to death that the kind and knowledgeable folks of OSG would watch the video. I don't take your time for granted at all. Thank you!