Impulsive NGD Teisco Spectrum 3 - now with pictures!

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Impulsive NGD Teisco Spectrum 3 - now with pictures!

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:45 am

windmill wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:10 pm
The spectrum look really good

As does that bound Jazzmaster !

Hope you enjoy playing them all.

:)
Thank you! Giving all of them the same amount of attention is gonna be difficult - but I love them all! Also I‘ve received the parts for my rhythm-circuit today! Pickguard should arrive within the week.

As my own knowledge in vintage guitars, specifically in asian ones is limited, I‘ve asked for assistance in a dedicated fb group.
What I‘ve learned so far is that it‘s in fact a HSIN MI built either in Korea or Taiwan - probably under Kawai’s supervision - who just bought Teisco in 67 - therefore the confusion (also Teisco is better known/sells better today) - made for a dutch company who sold via mailorder.
So: sadly probably no ”Spectrum“ would have rolled off the tongue easier than Hsin Mi...
SWFC68 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:46 pm
Damn, that's awesome. I've never seen one before.
I actually love that headstock FWIW
It is! Thank you! Also the feedback and insight in that japanese vintage specific group has been overwhelming.
I haven‘t either. Just the Spectrum 5 and its reissue. But besides that nothing alike - especially not in real life! 😜 or I just haven‘t been paying attention as I only had eyes for Les Pauls and Jaguars back then...
MechaBulletBill wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:44 am
a dab of glue and a clamp overnight will hold that loose binding in place a while longer
Any recommendations on the glue? loctite?
I‘ll have to take it to the luthier anyhow - sooner or later - but what I can do myself, I‘m willing to do! :)

surfin_bird
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by surfin_bird » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:05 pm

Hi from the netherlands. I already saw your post before and tried to remember the name of guitar, HSIN MI, thats it!
It seems like you know all the info about it. I’m just confirming its correct. For a long time, Teisco wise, you mostly see this one and the hertiecaster for sale. For some reason these HSIN MI’s have disappeared off the local sale radar. Have fun with it!

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 am

surfin_bird wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:05 pm
Hi from the netherlands. I already saw your post before and tried to remember the name of guitar, HSIN MI, thats it!
It seems like you know all the info about it. I’m just confirming its correct. For a long time, Teisco wise, you mostly see this one and the hertiecaster for sale. For some reason these HSIN MI’s have disappeared off the local sale radar. Have fun with it!
Thank you Surfin_Bird!
Probably all those cheapies have now been sold as Spectrum 3s for insane prices and sit now in some dentist‘s men-caves/museums... 🤔

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:43 am

Congrats on that beautiful guitar. I bet you look killer with it in the stage lights.

After we beat that corona, that is...

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:49 pm

What the fuck that thing is sick

Never seen that trem before I don’t think