Incoming NGD. I'm excited about this one - 1966 Mustang

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Incoming NGD. I'm excited about this one - 1966 Mustang

Post by BoringPostcards » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:03 am

Ah yes. That one. Good score! Nothing like a good Mustang!!!
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

Surfysonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Incoming NGD. I'm excited about this one - 1966 Mustang

Post by Surfysonic » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:05 am

Mike, I'm thrilled that you're getting the '66 Mustang back! I'm looking forward to my trade deals, too - NGDx2 coming soon... :whistle:

Just a reminder that my tech did a common mod so that you only have to use the switch closest to the neck for bridge-both-neck. He did this free of charge. I didn't ask him to do it but I'm sure he meant well. The switch closer to the bridge I think does the same thing as well but I don't remember - maybe you can tell us what everything does. I think I read in an old thread somewhere that you may prefer this mod, so I'm hoping all is good.

Also, as mentioned in the for sale listing (Emma Surgery sale) that there was a bit of crackle now and again. I think the volume and/or tone pots may need some DeoxIT or something. I would have done it but I have to admit that I haven't ever used it before. I didn't want my first try to be on a vintage instrument. Probably no big deal but I'd rather err on the side of caution. I'm going to buy a can to practice on something less expensive in the herd next time I hear a crackle. I've been pretty fortunate not to hear any so far with the other guitars.

Otherwise, the Mustang is in good working order and I'm super happy she's coming home. :w00t:
The doofus formerly known as Snorre...