Re: Nice set of offsets in Hollywood for sale.... including Maple Neck White Jag...

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
Marc
Expat
Expat

Nice set of offsets in Hollywood for sale.... including Maple Neck White Jag...

Post by Marc » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:11 am

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=50463920

Never seen a dealer on a mySpace page before .... nice blonde Jazzmaster too.
Yes the cat has opposing thumbs and extra digits.

Pop Rob
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Nice set of offsets in Hollywood for sale.... including Maple Neck White Jag

Post by Pop Rob » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:38 am

$ 6,000 for a 1973 Jaguar?!?  Who would have ever thought?  I know, I know. . .The maple neck is rare. 

But still.  :-[

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: Nice set of offsets in Hollywood for sale.... including Maple Neck White Jag

Post by zhivago » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:04 am

they got some nice pics on there...yeah, the Jag is pretty rare....

but my money's on the Blonde 1962 JM....or the Black Jag!

:)
Resident Spartan.

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:09 am

those coronado's are quite affordable to my surprise.. and that maui blue Tele deluxe looks awesome

8)

that '60 sunburst Jazzmaster looks a lot better than the '61 sunburst JM, how can they look so different? Is the first one a 2-tone sunburst and the second 3-tone? And what's up with the pickguards?
Last edited by Sauerkraut on Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:39 am

zhivago wrote: ....or the Black Jag!

oh my god.. i want that jag!  :o

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:29 am

As is typical of Hollywood the prices are OUTRAGEOUS.  I've been in that shop before as well and it wasn't the friendliest of places.  I may have to go back soon just to do the whole guitar museum thing.  I'd like to check out that blonde. I've been thinking of doing my '61 in blonde instead of the icky white refin that's on it now.

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Re: Nice set of offsets in Hollywood for sale.... including Maple Neck White Jag...

Post by fullerplast » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:35 am

Corpus Christi, 1997 - Fullerplast passes on a black/maple Jag like that one because at $800.. they want too much.
Q. Are we not men?

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:38 am

ouch

Marc
Expat
Expat

Post by Marc » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:25 am

I passed on one in a local shop once because I didn't like the black plastic blocks  :'(
Yes the cat has opposing thumbs and extra digits.

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:32 am

daydreamdelay wrote:
zhivago wrote: ....or the Black Jag!

oh my god.. i want that jag!  :o
I've been sitting on the fence about what color to paint by Warmoth Jag body and '66 (binding 'n' blocks) neck (no logo so I'll paint it a matching color). I think this photo might have just sealed the deal for black.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

NickH
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NickH » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:09 am

that's is the triple b threat
black, blocks & binding, such a fantastic combo I would love to have one JM ar Jag

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Post by flatfiver » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:22 am

These guys are frickin' nuts.  4 grand for a '67 Sunburst Jag?  Do people actually pay these kinds of prices?  If so, I'm screeeeeeeeewed.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:59 am

flatfiver wrote: These guys are frickin' nuts.  4 grand for a '67 Sunburst Jag?  Do people actually pay these kinds of prices?  If so, I'm screeeeeeeeewed.
Well, it's Hollywood so their is always some band that just got their advance looking for guitars to plunk wads of cash down on.  Not to mention the boat loads of ridiculously wealthy assholes that live up there.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:40 am

Jay wrote:
flatfiver wrote: These guys are frickin' nuts.  4 grand for a '67 Sunburst Jag?  Do people actually pay these kinds of prices?  If so, I'm screeeeeeeeewed.
Well, it's Hollywood so their is always some band that just got their advance looking for guitars to plunk wads of cash down on.  Not to mention the boat loads of ridiculously wealthy assholes that live up there.
I asked a clerk at the San Francisco GC who'd bought the three 10K+ Telecasters they'd had hanging on the wall for what seemed like forever and he replied:

"Dentists."
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Mad-Mike
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mad-Mike » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:13 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Jay wrote:
I asked a clerk at the San Francisco GC who'd bought the three 10K+ Telecasters they'd had hanging on the wall for what seemed like forever and he replied:

"Dentists."
Tell me why I'm not surprised......they were probably "cosmetic dentists", I went to one of those, talk about overpaying, I mean, $100 for a damn checkup WITHOUT cleaning, no wonder why they're buying $10,000 guitars!

All those guitars are overpriced in my mind.  However, being hollywood it does not surprise me, if it were L.A. it would'nt either, considering they're all hoping Tom Petty or Eddie Van-Halen will come in to buy them.
It's Me