youtube code?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: youtube code?

Post by JazzBlaster » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Maggieo wrote:
JazzBlaster wrote: I think the main concern on the youtube thing would be load times. This forum is global and not everybody has fast internet.
Again, I will point out that the load time of an embedded YouTube player is no longer than a large JPG or PNG.  The main download comes after you hit the play button. 

Just a general FYI; we should be clear about the facts.   
And if you're on dialup how long does a typical jpg take to download? I'm just sayin  :P
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

quarterpound
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by quarterpound » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:43 am

hey, sorry to be a stick in the mud, but i'd like to applaud the osg status quo for a moment. Hong Kong is a pretty wealthy and dense city, which means i get dirt-cheap broadband even on my cell phone. Now that isn't exactly bragging rights these days; i bring it up just to point out my primary aversion to embedded youtube: my phone! It's decent, it's flash-enabled, it has memory to spare, i've installed opera on it and browsing's really quite fun! However, there's some bugs, and flash is a big one. dynamic html jazz is another. I'm soooooo fond of osg for not buying into this crap. It's cool for your senior webdev thesis but i think simple and informative is the way to stay. :) and now, to be really hypocritical, i'd like to suggest that anyone still cowering from popups make the switch to something tabbed (firefox, opera, maxthon if you need ie...)! But i understand if your company's IT department hates you. ;) <3

rickenmetal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rickenmetal » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:42 am

I don't see much point in adding the code, you just get get to see one picture. I guess if you think the band looks really stupid you won't watch it, but really it doesn't matter much. This site has a very elegant way of treating links anyways, as they open in a new tab anyways (not all sites do this).