Rep system?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
BenHagerty

Rep system?

Post by BenHagerty » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:01 am

I have been to other sites with a rep system. Not sure what you may think, just throwing it out there to see what people think of it.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: Rep system?

Post by zhivago » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:25 am

you mean for doing online deals?
Resident Spartan.

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:40 am

Googling "rep system" made me more confused than normal. So...what's a rep system?
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

BenHagerty

Post by BenHagerty » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:06 am

Go to www.overclock.net and look below peoples post counts next to their names. There is a rep button etc. What it is is for when people post useful helpful advice etc, people can choose to click it and give them a rep point. I don't know, thought it would be nice to have so posts aren't the only thing we have to see who is helpful and such

IFoughtTheLaw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by IFoughtTheLaw » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:46 am

The site I go on, Skaterscafe, they use a rep system, but I think it is more necessary over there since so many new members, and immature kids, join and you can see who really is a good contributing member. I think it would definitely be something new over here, I'm just wondering if it would be really necessary since most of the members here are very contibutive. But, otherwise I think it would add something special here at OSG. It would get rid of having to type +1 on posts that you like, and you would just rep someone. Plus, the more rep pointsyou have, the more of an impact your rep has on someone else.

On Skaterscafe, if you hold your mouse over someones rep, depending on how much they have, it says something funny. Like for example there may be a little box come up that says "So and so has gone Am" (in skateboarding that means amateur) or if someone had a bit less rep, it may say "So and so is finding kickflips are becoming easier" or little witty phrased.

The rep over there appears as little gems under your name. Theirs goes from 5 dark green gems, then 5 light green gems, 5 gold gems (each kind of gem takes progressively more rep to achieve, like maybe 100 rep points for a dark gem, but 175 for a gold gem) after all the gems are there, then you get a big sun like this Image and then the cycle starts all over again.