What's up with the hate?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: What's up with the hate?

Post by Fiddy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 pm

crazyzeke wrote: Infidelity to other forums is a sin.  The Offset Bible tells us so.

More seriously.  I was a member of SS and it blew.  Those guys were so opinionated at the time, that anyone who disagreed that Marshalls were THE amp was ousted.  Never mind the fact that for my money they haven't made a decent amp since about 1987.  I didn't like it.  I don't think someone is "wrong" just because they don't care for the Marshall JVM series.  I think it was Mike mostly... not to be too much of a dick myself, but that guy was a grade-A A-hole.
I used to be a member. I bought a guitar body from a member and sold it on ebay and it became some sort of huge deal. Mike was one of the ones that blew the hole deal out of proportion.

Funny cuz I first heard about this place from Mike's badmouthing about the site. Funnily enough he posts here.  ::)

The day they come in to my work, swipe in, and work for the money I make is the day they can/will be allowed to talk shit about what I can or can not do with MY PROPERTY. Any other time they can fucking suck it.

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:32 am

tribi9 wrote: I used to be a member. I bought a guitar body from a member and sold it on ebay and it became some sort of huge deal. Mike was one of the ones that blew the hole deal out of proportion.

Funny cuz I first heard about this place from Mike's badmouthing about the site. Funnily enough he posts here.  ::)

The day they come in to my work, swipe in, and work for the money I make is the day they can/will be allowed to talk shit about what I can or can not do with MY PROPERTY. Any other time they can fucking suck it.
Amen.  That's why I love this place; not only is modification of instruments and effects greeted with interest (not derision), there are actually several members that build/have built custom models.  There's even a Fender made out of LEGO!
mcconnachiea wrote: ::)

Tell me about it.

I thought it might be a good Idea to do the 'green mod' to my russian muff so He googled a circuit diagram and said he'd ban me if I didn't do it within 6 hours ;D

He did ban me in the end. That place sucks major donkey balls
There were a few good members on there, but all it takes to ruin any sort of place (real or virtual) is to have a couple of people who are opinionated dicks running it.  I remember once when I said I couldn't follow a wiring diagram and the reply was "if you changed the pickups you can do this".  Um yeah, because decoupling one wire at a time for pickup changing is just as easy as changing about seven or eight at once... on a non-colour coded hand-drawn schematic.  Lol.  Seems sorta funny now.
"High yella high red high blue she blew
High Ella high Ella Guru"

- CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, "Ella Guru"

Mike
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 am

crazyzeke wrote: Infidelity to other forums is a sin.  The Offset Bible tells us so.

More seriously.  I was a member of SS and it blew.  Those guys were so opinionated at the time, that anyone who disagreed that Marshalls were THE amp was ousted.  Never mind the fact that for my money they haven't made a decent amp since about 1987.  I didn't like it.  I don't think someone is "wrong" just because they don't care for the Marshall JVM series.  I think it was Mike mostly... not to be too much of a dick myself, but that guy was a grade-A A-hole.
Charming.

I think you'll find it was your close-minded assertion that "Marshall haven't made a decent amp since about 1987" that might have caused such a caustic discussion, but let's not let balance get in the way of a good story, shall we?

Mike
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:27 am

mcconnachiea wrote:

::)

Tell me about it.

I thought it might be a good Idea to do the 'green mod' to my russian muff so He googled a circuit diagram and said he'd ban me if I didn't do it within 6 hours ;D

He did ban me in the end. That place sucks major donkey balls

Actually, I didn't just google a circuit diagram for the modification you wanted to do, I found a site which detailed exactly what changes should be made to modify the Big Muff from Black Russian to Green Russian specification, and also contained a description of the modification result in terms of sound. Interestingly you couldn't find this information yourself. Since in the past you had been somewhat floral when describing your talent and ability with the soldering iron, upon your return saying you'd done the mod I thought it might be an idea if yuou contributed to the site by maybe taking photographs of the modified board so that future users might find it useful, along with your thoughts on the sound difference. Much as it was like getting blood out of a stone to get a blurry phone picture from some distance, it was somewhat piquing that you ask for help and then not further the forum by helping people with the benefit of your experience.

This being the same Big Muff you're currently trying to sell in the classifieds on this site (and didn't detail any modification, or the broken battery clip in the auction) I'm inclined to believe you never made the modification; that or that you're trying to mislead customers. Either is pretty risible in my opinion.

As for the "ban" threats, I think you'll find that might be bandied around as banter a fair amount, at least you would if you'd given yourself time to immerse yourself in the forum before flooding it with aimless posts, and then started dissing it on other forums such as this.

Marquischacha
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Marquischacha » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:32 am

Wasn't the original question in the original post of this thread answered a while ago? Maybe it's best if this thread is just locked now, what with the turn this forum seems to be taking of late. Way too many posts end up in arguments rather than discussions, so... yeah.

/2 cents.
Drop out of life with bong in hand, follow the smoke to the riff-filled land.

Mike
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:32 am

mcconnachiea wrote:
j-op wrote: I almost have no doubt that the guys at shortscale have a thread going on ''those pansies at offset....''
;D
They did

Someone actually accused us of *snip*
Are you actively trying to be as obnoxious as possible? What business is it of yours to post here that they were recently *snip*
Last edited by mezcalhead on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 am

OK, this thread is now

1. locked

2. purged of references to a particular event that sounds like it should be kept private

3. a reminder to everyone NOT to bring your issues with ANY other forum over here please. If you see someone else doing it, rather than jumping in please let us know.
Last edited by mezcalhead on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.