Unlock library threads?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
mcconnachiea
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Unlock library threads?

Post by mcconnachiea » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:52 am

I don't think this is a bad idea. I'm sure a lot of people have question regarding certain bits in some of those projects

Just an Idea :ph34r:

theworkoffire
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Unlock library threads?

Post by theworkoffire » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:43 am

All of the projects already have their own threads in the projects sections don't they?

mcconnachiea
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mcconnachiea » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:15 am

theworkoffire wrote: All of the projects already have their own threads in the projects sections don't they?
Yeah, but finding them is task and a half :(

theworkoffire
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by theworkoffire » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am

I see what you mean.

The convention should be that they have a link to the original thread at the beginning...

I find the eaiest way to search is to choose an image that looks like it's specific to that thread then drop its location code into the search field - that should take you to the original thread.

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:43 am

as the "keeper of the library"  I try to either :

just have a single link to the actual thread.  This usually happens when the thread has the majority of the info in the first few postings (like the threads I do for the guitar builds I've done)

or

where the base thread is so filled up with comments (and hijacks) or has occured over a long long time where the builder has changed him mind and deviated from the original idea, I have asked the owner of the thread to create a summary of their activities (sometimes with additional photos) so all can be put into a single posting in the library

or

where the info is just info (not a build or repair thread) then it sits alone there as just info.

The reason I do not want comments in the library section is that it will just turn into the format we have in the rest of the NG.  The library is for information that can be looked at and reference. info that is not cluttered.

If you do wish to discuss a thread from the library... send any mod a PM or just put up a thread in the relevant section ... we all like to talk  :D
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...